Looking for german Expats in Jakarta for my Master research

Hello,
my name is Charleen and I study Design and Media in Hanover, Germany. Currently Iam staying in Yogyakarta.
Iam looking for German Expats in Jakarta for an Interview for my Masterthesis.

The topic is about the Cultureschock and I would like to get some Impressions about the Life as an Expat.

Will be grateful for any help!

Best,
Charleen Droese

Mail: [email protected]
Mobile: 089509936599 (WhatsApp)

There's a German university in BSD Tangerang. Visiting the place would probably get you what you want.

Just a friendly suggestion Charleen, but you might want to consider doing this research here in Bali as opposed to Jakarta. 

Some reasons why I say this:

-Bali has a very interesting contingent of German expats, and they tend to be the “movers and shakers” such as writers, artists, and entrepreneur business folks. 

-If you think about it, what sort of “culture shock” can one expect if living in Jakarta?  There is no defined “culture” in Jakarta per se, but there sure is in Bali.

-Distance between Yogy and Jakarta is only about 150 km less than to Bali.

But, as I said…just something to think about.

And…just to support my reasoning a bit…

I could easily arrange for you to meet and interview this artist:

http://ubud.com/wolfgangwidmoser/

Yes, I know, he's considered an Austrian, but he was born in Munich…and that city is still in Germany, nes pas?

And, if you read the script at that web site, you'll note that it is taken from a script by Stefan Reisner.  While we lost dear Stefan a number of years ago to cancer, Stefan ( a Berliner and past editor for Stern Magazine) is indicative of the “caliber” of German expats to be found here in Bali.

Charleen_d wrote:

Hello,
my name is Charleen and I study Design and Media in Hanover, Germany. Currently Iam staying in Yogyakarta.
Iam looking for German Expats in Jakarta for an Interview for my Masterthesis.

The topic is about the Cultureschock and I would like to get some Impressions about the Life as an Expat.

Will be grateful for any help!

Best,
Charleen Droese

Mail: [email protected]
Mobile: 089509936599 (WhatsApp)

Hello charleen..just foward it to my friend, but no idea if he will be okay or not

Hello,

thank you for your help !

Best,
Charleen

Hello Charleen,

You can also post an ad in the Looking for testimonies in Jakarta section to spread the word better.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team