Question on job hunting while on visit visa

Hello Everyone.

I am currently on a job hunt, contemplating to visit PNG to continue search over there. I have worked in other countries before, and have a good working experience.

My question is, do companies over there entertain applicants on visit visa and provide assistance in obtaining a work permit etc.

How quickly can one find a job over there?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

Cheers.

francesy1021 wrote:

Hello Everyone.

I am currently on a job hunt, contemplating to visit PNG to continue search over there. I have worked in other countries before, and have a good working experience.

My question is, do companies over there entertain applicants on visit visa and provide assistance in obtaining a work permit etc.

Cheers.

I would not recommend coming over on a visitor visa to find work. If you do find as job you will have to leave the country back to your own country to have the visa / permits processed.

Thanks Stumpy. This is helpful to know.

francesy1021 wrote:

Hello Everyone.

Cheers.

It will be good to run around your CV to potential employers through a headhunter otherwise blind job hunting could be tiring yet fruitless.