Questions about moving to Bulgaria

I currently live in Texas and am looking to retire in Bulgaria by next year. Can someone tell me the complete process and what I need to start early to get it done. I have read about a D Visa and that we will have to do an interview, do we have to go to the embassy to get that done? We have read that there is a high rate of Heart worms for animals over there, do they treat for them or do we need to get it shipped from the U.S.? Are most of the Realtors online trust worthy? Has anyone shipped their house hold good there and if so was it expensive?

Hi, I am an Englishman who has been in Bulgaria for three years. i have American connections here from USA. (Tulsa) (Moderated: no free ads for your website on the forum pls)

Hi There!
Read your thread in my opinion if you do not want to circle a round or to get a wrong information. The best is to get advise from professionals. I can give you details of an advocate the consultation is free.
[email protected]    Her name is Daliyana.

Good luck

Welcome to the forum!

As far as relocations it boils down to:

* Finding a place
* Moving
* Settling in

If you take the adventures' path then you do it:

* Moving
* Finding a place
* Settling in

The easiest either way will be to find a pro (check out relocation companies in Bulgaria, the US Embassy may keep a list on their site). Then go and make the plunge or just tip your toes in with a week(ish) trip.

The hardest will be Settling in, this forum and a few more can be your best friend. Finding a place should be easier in Bulgaria - at least for budget and availability, quality I am not sure. With the most annoying part - Logistics/Moving. There are many options. Just let me know if you get stuck with it.

Good luck,

Dez