WHERE TO BYE MOTORBKIES

Hi Everyoone,

Please could some 1 help me and my friend out, were looking to bye a bike each or 1 to share, we want  125 up too a 250cc, preferably motocross style, nothing too old, but mostly importance is tat it is safe and cheap, as all the sops ur took tk drier takes us too seem vert expensive, so any help would be appreciated,
regards nick

Khmer24.com
This the best web buy from owner  ^^

Hello Nick,

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

You can also have a look at the Motorbikes for sale in Cambodia section and post an ad there.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

nick.mclernan wrote:

Hi Everyoone,

Please could some 1 help me and my friend out, were looking to buy a bike to share, we want a 125cc upward but a 250cc, preferably motocross style, nothing too old, but mostly importance is tat it is safe and cheap, as all the shops our took  T/T  drier takes us too seem vert expensive, so any help would be appreciated,
regards nick

PREFERABLY  a private seller, model is not inpotant bur we need it to be ok to go to Thailand  etc...... ( golden triangle)

Be aware: If you buy a bike in Cambodia (with cambo plates), then it's very hard to take it to Lao or Thailand.

hard or impossible to cross thai border with cambodian plates?   would it be easier to go thru thailand with malaysian plates?    I want to go both ways

As other people have said it's not a good idea to buy a bike in Cambodia if you want to travel outside at some point, best to just rent. I will be arriving on the 24th April, but I will only rent until I know if I want to stay or move on to the Philippines..

yes, that's what other people have said,  I want to spend considerable time exploring east asia, and don't want to do it on hire bikes,  so I was hoping to get more information

Sorry, I meant to just rent while you were in Cambodia and buy while you are in Vietnam?

my friend bought a bike in china, rode down thru laos, cambodia  into thailand a few years ago,  had a few border problems, sometimes left one border, and tried another,    I was thinking that there'd be more precise  formulas these days

Cambodia and Thailand have a little dispute going, so  it's the Thai border you would most likely have some trouble, but like anywhere is Asia, money talks, that said even if you are able to cross borders, the police watch out for foreigners so they can stop and fine ya, they don't tend to do it so much with the locals, I wonder why??

Hi everyone :)

Oh, this thread is going a bit off topic.
Please let's stick to the initial topic which is "WHERE TO BYE MOTORBKIES" please.

Thanks

Priscilla :)

Apologies, one clears one's throat, sorry, but one is at a loss to where one could buy a motor vehicle at a price one can afford, but forsooth, watch this space as one may have that elusive answer?  sooner than one thinks, don't ya know.

gavp333 wrote:

Apologies, one clears one's throat, sorry, but one is at a loss to where one could buy a motor vehicle at a price one can afford, but forsooth, watch this space as one may have that elusive answer?  sooner than one thinks, don't ya know.

All comes to he who waits.

Go to the green banner, top of this page and click on classifieds. Look there.