Welcome to Iraq

Hi everybody to my country .The rich country with full of potential things .

There are many safe areas .I am living in Najaf .It is safe area .Also , the south of Iraq and the middle of it is safe .

Of course , KRG (Erbil,Sulmanyia and Dohuk ) is full of expats .

I am happy to see foreigners come and participate in improving my country .

I am ready for any advice ...if my time permit .

Hazim

What do you do in Najaf?

I am local Iraqi.I am just detaching from my original city and work here in Najaf with International Humanitarian Organization.

:) Hi hrizaq,

I am interested to venture business in Iraq especially in Basra. can you help me out. By the way I used to live in Basra long time ago in 1990 when I was student. So, I want to know that if they still use those large yellow busses(Blue Bird) for public transportation in Basra. If yes, I can send a lot of them and then we can start our own business.

Hello,

i am planning to do business in iraq too, the only thing i worried about is the safety, even though i know basra is safer than baghdad. what is your idea about the safty in iraq since you study in basra.
by the way, kenya economic is also booming, why you plan go to iraq?

flyinghigher wrote:

Hello,

i am planning to do business in iraq too, the only thing i worried about is the safety, even though i know basra is safer than baghdad. what is your idea about the safty in iraq since you study in basra.
by the way, kenya economic is also booming, why you plan go to iraq?

For security information you are best advised to contact your Embassy for up to date information.

yes, Kenya is booming, but also have you ever heard of diversification or investing in different places. By the way, I used to study in Basra in 1980s and 1990s. Almost twenty four years ago, at that time it was perfect. Also, at that time Iraqi Dinar was so strong against Dollar. So it is wise to invest in Iraq  now in order to get more money when the Dinar rises up again.