New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the USA forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the USA if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hi Julien,

Let me start out first. I am pretty new to the US forum. Although its south of the border from Canada, I do travel there quite often. If anyone travels up north to the Great White North which is Canada, particular to Nova Scotia, give me a holler.

Philip

NS one of my favorite places in Canada

Bob K

Thank you for the introdution Philip :top:

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hi, I'm Sedinam

I'm a Ghanaian, living in Ghana but want to travel to USA  us a professional beautician .

Hi my name is jasmeen kaur and I have done M.A,B ed and I have at least three years of teaching experience and now I am doing job at shri guru ram das institute of dental sciences and research Amritsar Punjab as an clerk I have 9 years experience in this field .I have already sent to request for job. Please tell me how lam settled in u.s.a

:cheers: hey  :cool:  i cant say im new here , just dnt come here often , since its so quite , but that this thread has started , would like to introduce myself too ,

Iam Nimasha Fernando , your welcome to cal me Nim :) , from Sri Lanka , born and brought up in Qatar , and back now in Lanka for some time , by profession im an Executive secretary,

and im here to seek advice , gather knowledge , how to work and live in USA someday ? love to try , being trying failing so far , but lets see .. , meet talk to new people friends :) , pls do drop in for hello :)

well thats it for now :)

Nimasha

Thanks for posting and introducing yourself.  Boy that is a lot of smiles :D:D:D:D

Bob K

hahahah ya it is , first impression is the best impression they say  :D ,,,, dnt be scared , im all cool :)

Hi to all.
I'm new here and I would like to find friends living in Houston tx.
I'm 45 years old Mexican national.
Just drop me a line.
P.S. Tambien hablo español.

busynim wrote:

hahahah ya it is , first impression is the best impression they say  :D ,,,, dnt be scared , im all cool :)

Glad you be cool.  Me too :D:D:D:D:D

Bob K

Flores welcome to the forum

Are you working in Huston?

Bob K

haha sweett :) so wat do u do bob?

Actually I am now in the States myself. On business. There's nothing much in Cleveland, OH especially during winter.

I am retired with my toes in the sand

Bob K

Oh tats nice to know ...

;) Hola que tal soy gerardo vivo en miami...soy de España de la islas canarias y deseo conocer gente nice

Gerald this is an English "speaking" forum. Please repost in English

Bob K

Hi,

I am from Chicago land, but looking for people North and South!! Want to spend time in Canada, French Canada and South , as South as Florida and South America.
Anybody having experience over there?

Bob,
Yes I work here in Houston.
I work the second shift :sosad:
How about you? where do you live?

As you can see from my log in info  We are retired and living in the Dominican Republic, and have been here for 9 years.  We spent the last 20 years before that in Colorado.  I am a USA native and spent my entire life in the US before relocating here almost 9 years ago.

Bob K

That must be nice!!!, living in a small village enjoying what earth has to offer. In a way I want to be just like you when I retired, I would to live in some tropical part of the world and not have to worried about trafic, noise crime, etc.

Anyway... The reason I posted this add is to interact with other people, I'm interested in people's way of life, culture, nature ....
I want to tell you and ask questions about what happens in the world.
I am are interested in food culture in different countries, what the world is eaten. And how.
What kind of a way of life in the world is.

For now I'm out, have nice weeken and I will be back Monday if the lord is willing and the creek don't rise.

Thank you! In Fact I'm planing to move to USA to study a PhD in Architecture... :) Yet it's still an idea and I don't know anything about living in USA... And I kno I have to improve my english before doing anything.. We can say that it's just a dream until now... Wish me good luck so I can  achieve my dream!

I red about people established there. Is it secure for foreigners over there?

Métatron
Good luck in following your dream.  Do your homework before committing.

Bob K

Zebarche
If you have  a job, pick the right place to live, have done your research then yes it is safe here.

BObK

Haha! Yes! That's what I'm trying to do! As I never studied english before, and learned only by watching american movies, I'm trying to take couses in the internet before passing TOFEL and GRE tests.. :/

Hi all, My Name is Jason and I'm from London!

Firstly a shout out to all of you keeping this site buzzing...'we' appreciate that....

So yea, I have all of a sudden started thinking about moving to the US, most especially one of the Southern States... am I crazy or what?

Has anyone made this transition and how did it go?

Estelle welcome to the forum.  You should do a search on the various questions you have.  You might start by looking at the "moving, visa, and work, categories in the upper right hand side of this page.

Bob K

Hi .
Im called Brahim from oran wants to move at new York in april. Needs some knows like having roommate with Low coast and how to have a job for paying my Holiday.

Hi,

I'm Holly from Singapore. I'll be moving to Houston with my fiancé in May. Hoping to make friends with fellow Singaporeans living around humble area.

Hi, My name is Akoh Gerald, a Cameroonian by nationality and I reside in Cameroon. Am a civil engineer by profession, specialized in structural design, and quantitative and cost estimates.

Hi Greg from Arima, Trinidad here.

A visa for professionals or marriage to a US citizen or if lucky via sponsorship.

Living in the South USA is a beautiful experience.  However racism and inequality abounds in many places.  Cost of living is fairly low as is pay. Getting a job s could be a challenge.

By the way, I lived in Europe for 16 years and would love to live there.  Crime is much lower there.

Smart choice and savings.

There. Is no such thing in NY as low cost.  Taxes amounts to about 50% of your pay.

Go online and do some research.

Closed