New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Italy forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Italy if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here.  My name is Jen and I am an English teacher.  I spend much of my time online because I work from home.  I teach English  to students and professionals from different parts of the world.

During my free time, I go to forums like Expat.com because I want to meet people around the world and learn about their cultures.  I can use these ideas to help me relate better with my foreign students.

Please watch my class video for you to have an idea of what I do :)
youtube.com/watch?v=uXgZKspDnOI&list=PLtILhdbvd_ENWqVtiEP_p0Q1Ac_u2T1vc&index=15
you can see more of my videos on the playlist located on the right side.

Please feel free to send me a message :)

hi everyone!!!
newbie here from the Philippines  :)

Дорогие русские девочки живущие или часто бывающие в Милане !!:-) поделитесь пож. Контактами салонов красоты класса люкс( а-ля Московские посольство красоты, аль до кополо, ле Колон ) нужен мастер по маникюру и волосам! А если он будет русский!? Это большая удача!!:-) заранее благодарна!!!!!

@ Svetlanaraevskaya > English Please!

hi guys , i am a masters applicant at politecnico di torino. I would love to know more about the lifestyle and culture in the city. :)

Ciao a tutti!

Mi chiamo Annick e sono di America!

I have been in Florence for three weeks, and will be here for another three months.

I am with a group of American students who are doing a semester abroad. We come from an average size university in Virginia and are studying all things Italian while here. I did take Italian courses before coming, which gives me an advantage as I can speak (though poorly) the language. I understand 90% of what is said to me, no doubt because French is my native language.

So far, this experience has been amazing. Off to San Lorenzo to see Medici tombs!

hi guys, i come from vietnam. i want to study italian. i want to travel iatalian. nice to meet you.
yerian.

I am Belizean. I arrived Italy April 2014. The Italia are lovely people who are disposed to helping you find what you need to make you happy.

Hello Everyone,

I came from the Philippines have been staying for almost 2 weeks now, I find Italy a very nice country, people are well disciplined. By the way, currently i am looking for a job 'til I found this site hope someone can help me, I am trying to learn Italian language  on my own way. I am looking for english jobs in Milan I have been working in an American Company for almost 8 years with 2 years English teacher experience for Korean students. I have excellent communications skills with American Accent.

Thanks in advance for help and advises.

Kudos to Italian people :)

Teacher Anna

Hello all. I am not new but have been absent for awhile due to work and family. I did want to say hello to all the members. I  live in Chiusi but work in Florence. I also spend much time in Los Angeles. I am a higher education professor of business and a writer. I just published my first work, Living the Italian Lifestyle...Anywhere.  I am married and we have two fantastic kids. I have a lot of great advice for new expats and old. But in a nutshell I am on a quest on living a simpler life. Nice meeting you all. Lucia

- livingtheitalianlifestyle.com

Last year I visited to torino. for me its versatile city I have seen in my life. So much clean, silence, pollution free city. North people love their food.

Hi all,
This is my first step to accually living my dream of moving to Italy. I was in Italy in 1984 for 1 month and have wanted to move there since then. I look forward now to the day that I can tell you the date that I will be there.
Thank you for this forum.

Hey Expatters, hope you're all well this fine spring-like day here in Italia. I'm new to Expat.com, and have my own blog at trulymadlyitaly.com, where I inform, moan, enlighten, laugh-about and occasionally mock the Italians. I love them really. I'm living in Frosinone at the moment, anyone else from this part of Lazio?

Buona giornata!

Helen

PS. I hoped to put a link (a badge) to this website on my blog, can anyone help me with that?

Hi everyone!

My name is Daniella and I'm a newbie from england! I'm not yet living in Italy but am planning to be in Milan within the next few months!

Very keen to learn more about the city and to get to know some people who are already living there!

Dani

Italian man, coming from Florence, Italy and working in Paris.
I love Asia and I live in the Asian quartier of Paris,
in a building overlooking all Paris

Hello All,

I don't know what to say next... lol... anyways am a nomad soul... drifting from one place to the other... here in Italy since last year April... still don't speak Italian but can understand more or less... and can speak ''cosi cosi'' or only know how to say ''io parlare solo inglese'' lol... btw will be in Istanbul, Turkey from March onwards... but will keep hopping back and forth between Milan & Istan... 

So what happens next???

Oh boi... what should we make out of this??? :P (Svetlana)

Enjoy italian life style. ... :top:

Hi all,

After graduation, i established a brand selling cute girly clutches with embroidered designing in 2014. I am based in Shanghai because of the easy accessibility to the excellent textile and embroidery factories in China.

In 2015, i am going to expand my brand worldwide and i am looking forward to working with the local girly boutiques or fashion bloggers in Italy for the brand promotion.

I am planning to travel to Milano and Toscana this year and very keen to meeting more interesting people working in the fashion industry in Italy꒰¤̴̷̶̤ ·̮ ¤̴̷̶̤꒱◞*♡

Please feel free to contact me on skype for ''leaallez'' if you are interested! Thank you!

Lea

Hi! I'm ferdie, I live here in Milan for couple of years now but new to this site just want to say hello to all member.

Caio,

Its great to see so many people here.

I'm Rahul, born and raised in Bangalore and have traveled most of south east Asia and US on work. A new and exciting opportunity does mean I'll be in Rome for at least a year and I'm really looking forward to immersing myself in the culture, learning the language, following football (I suppose I'd have to be less vocal in my support for Man United), eating, drinking coffee and so on...

For those who are there, I hope things are well and that our paths cross soon.

Good luck and warm regards,
Rahul

hi,i am thusitha,come from srilanka,i live in rome about 3years,i have traveled middle east and work with european  families about 16 years,i am looking forward to work also in rome as domestic helper or baby sitter.
[Moderated: Please do not share any contact number on the forum]

Hello Thusitha,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I would like to suggest you to create your CV on Jobs in Rome so that potential employers can contact you.

Best of luck.. :top:

Thank you
Yuveshen

Ciao,

Just moved to Milan a couple weeks ago and would love to meet some new people :)

Hello hannahkeikilani,

Welcome to Expat-Blog..:)

Tell us a bit more about what brought you to Milan?

I would suggest you to start a new discussion on the Milan forum so that you get to meet new people.
Thank you
Yuveshen

I am  a long standing contributor to belize blogs, I spend 7-8 months a year in belize.      Italy is a completely new venture, I am driving a campervan and large trailer from the UK to ABRUZZO region early june.   I hope to learn conversational Italian before then.   I shall be renovating a large house and farm buildings which I have experience off.
any advice on the pitfalls of dealing with officialdom will be greatly appreciated.

Hello! I am not a newbie but I have been not active on this site for awhile. I am an expat and have been living in Italy for over 16 years now so I guess I have loads of info for people. I live in a small town in the province of Siena but am originally from Los Angeles. I am an adjunct professor of business, a writer and last but never least a mom! I enjoy spending time with my family, gardening and writing. I am passionate about learning how to slow down and really enjoy life whether that be in Italy or anywhere. I am always looking for ways to do less and enjoy life more! I have written my first ebook that is a memoir plus self help book of what I have learned from the Italian lifestyle.

I would love to hear from other expats and what they do to live slower and simpler. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Best,
Lucia
self help ebook with resources (livingtheitalianlifestyle.com)

Hi every one im looking household workers in Italy any one can help me . 
Thanks

I am Navtej singh. I am live in italia . I have Italian documents. but I have no job.

Hullo Lucia, I am interested to see you live in Chiusi, do you commute to Florence each day for work? The town I return to each year is Cetona, love it, my heart feels like it is home when I arrive in the square each year.
Jacci

Hi there everyone. My name is Jacci and I come from Cape Town in South Africa. I have a dream to live in Italy and have returned to a small town in Tuscany each year since 2012. Cetona, the town that my heart recognizes as home! I am a graphic artist, illustrator and photographer. I am self employed and most times when I am in Tuscany for a couple of months my clients dont even know I am away from Cape Town - Oh the joys of the internet!!! I am returning again for part of May and the month of June this year and cannot wait to reconnect with the people I have met in Tuscany over the past few years.
Jacci

hello i,m nacor    from valencia venezuela   i,m 50 years old     and i,m traveling to bologna el 20 th of march
i like to meet some fellow from my country that live there in bologna
HOLA ALGUN PANITA VENEZOLANO QUE VIVA EN BOLOGNA QUE ME PUEDA ORIENTAR SALUDOS
nacor piccardo

Hey, I'm cookie and I'm new here. ^_^

Hello am from egypt will visit italy by end of april will stay 1 day in palirmo and 3 days in genoa ....really don't know where to go for shopping or the best places to visit and what to eat☺☺☺need your help and hope to c u then

Hello, i'm alessandro, i live in naples. I have a desire: to know more people, to share new opiniin, to spend time togher and have fine. It will be nice to do it. Bye and see you soon. :D

Hi everyone,i am new ine the forum and I am a student,english teacher have been in italy for 5 years.thanks

Hi Guys
My name is Madaline, I'm an American and I actually moved to Rome about 4 years ago and have lived here on and off (for the past two years I've been here the whole time).
I live in the center with my Italian husband and toddler, own a few apartments that I rent out, and blog. And of course eat a ridiculous amount of pastries!

Eu sou brasileira de Sampa e moro na Toscana , em Pisa. Estou aqui para o que der e vier!!!

Hello cecijazz and welcome on board Expat.com

As you are participating on the anglophone version of the site, it is required to write only in English.

Thank you

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Closed