Corporation tax being found unconstitutional?

Much like the CAJA charges they tried to put over on us gringos, now it seems there is question as to whether the taxes as charged to us for SA's and LLC's are constitutional.
I got this from an attorney I know in Costa Rica today:
"Articles 1 3 and 5 of this tax law were declared unconstitutional today. " (today being today, Jan 28, 2015)

So if you haven't paid your taxes due Jan 31 yet , do not pay them until you read the article that is going to be in AM Costa Rica tomorrow morning, Thur Jan 29!

I'm sure it will be written about in all the major newspapers tonight or tomorrow so read comprehensively before you decide to pay your SA taxes!

Better pay today ... at least for this year.

amcostarica Jan 29th 2015
"The Sala IV constitutional court struck down as unconstitutional Wednesday key parts of the 2011 tax on corporations. But the magistrates ruled that operators of corporations will have to pay the tax for 2015".

The government is under great pressure from a university group to make Gringo's pay more.

Thank you for your blog.  As a land owner in CR I had not really thought about my potential tax liability there, because I have not built a house yet. That said, is there a annual land tax I should be paying if my land is incorporated? Also, what is SA taxes?

Yes, there are annual land taxes that must be paid to your municipality.
The S.A. tax or corporation tax is $400 for an active corporation and $200 for an inactive corporation.  These are due yearly.  This tax was just declared unconstitutional and most likely won't be around in 2016 (but who knows for sure?)

Thank you, I will check with the property developer to see what I need to do!

Edward wrote: "The government is under great pressure from a university group to make Gringo's pay more."

I'm not doubting you but I am curious which University Group and how would a University group have so much influence on the government? I do think the gov. IS trying to make gringos pay more and have created a new thread about that.