Labour Form 500 taking too long

Hi,

I got a job offer from a local bruneian IT company last september 2014. However, until now, my HR says that they still haven't received the Labour Form 500 approval which is one of the documents required to proceed with the Employment pass processing.

Documentation Required for Employment Visa/Pass:
•    Application letter from the sponsor or employer
•    Employment Pass application form
•    Visa application form
•    Photocopy of passport or equivalent travel document
•    Employer's Labour License and
•    Labour Department's Form 500

I am really upset since it has been more than 3 months since they first applied. The HR said that only agents can check the status of this Labour approval. Also Labour department is using paper process, hence the slow approval.

My question is, is this normal? Should I just look for another job instead of waiting for this?

Thank you in advance!

Don1quixote2 wrote:

Hi, I got a job offer from a local bruneian IT company last september 2014. However, until now, my HR says that they still haven't received the Labour Form 500 takes more than 3 months now ...is this normal?

> that's possible. If the company is newly registered or if the position is newly open, it will wait for the approval of quota. 

Positions should be presented to labor for approval, sometimes only half of the submitted positions were approved, that's what they called "quota".  Once quota was approved, then it will be submitted to labor declaring the name of the applicants for that quota/position (labour form 500), then to immigration and embassy.  For IT company, quota needs to be registered/approved also by the govt dept that deals with information tech and communication.

Its easier/faster if there's  already available quota, no need to wait that long. In your case, i think, they also waited for quota approval. Hope this answers your query.

hi, so have the labour department approve now?

normally how long need to wait for approval ?

so am I. I've been waiting for almost 2 months. Normally how long it takes to received the working permit approval? Im a Malaysian btw and applying for Engineering job

hi
it take between 1 and 2 month, sometimes it takes up to 03 month ,

regards