Moving my children to new schools / documents needed?

Hi , wondering if someone could help me.
I'm moving to Malta in April with my partner and my two children aged 10 and 11. So this would mean them leaving their school here in the UK and starting school in Malta in April but from what Iv read they probably won't be able to start school until Septmeber!! Meaning they would miss out on 3/4 months of school so would I have to home school whilst they are off and how do I go about doing so? Also whats the process of getting your children into school when you arrive in Malta, what did you need to do and what documents did you need? Also my children have not seen there father for 8 years and have no contact with him, they have my last name but he is in the birth certificate, he has never paid a penny towards them either but I know I am going to need some sort of letter of consent to show schools, when I contact him he will agree and give consent but I just don't know how the consent has to be presented to the school, would a signed letter and his contact details be enough? Would really appreciate your help. Thank you very much, Samantha :-) xx

Hi Samantha. We moved to Malta in May. Registering shouldn't be a problem, although it can be very frustrating as there is a lot if paperwork. You will need ( I think ) two photocopies per child of the following documents, plus the original copy of passports; children's birth certificates, your birth certificate, your partners birth certificate, probably their father's birth certificate, marriage certificate if you are married. You also need to go to a poly clinic here and get a certificate stating the children are free of TB.
All of these documents need to be taken to the Ministry of Education in Floriana.
There is a list if documents you need to register on their website.
I'd imagine you will encounter some delays because of the situation with your children's father (they take quite an old fashioned view on these matters :)
If you need more info you can send me a private message. Good luck x