Hello. Does anyone live in the city of San Luis Potosi?

I also live in Mexicali. I would love to here from anyone living in Mexico. I have been traveling in central Mexico and as far as the Pacific coast , Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Iztapa by car from San Luis Potosi where I stay 5 months a year for 2 years now in many trips from San Diego. I have a house there, a Mexican wife there that will retire shortly and a house in Mexicali. B.C.

Welcome on board alleycat1 ;)

Yud wrote:

Welcome on board alleycat1 ;)

Thank you Yud.

Hi, I lived in SLP, Mexico for 14 years, what do you want to know Alleycat1?

Hi Manuel Bejarano and welcome on board ;)

Armand

Manuel Bejarano wrote:

Hi, I lived in SLP, Mexico for 14 years, what do you want to know Alleycat1?

Hello Manuel. I have a good idea that San Luis Potosi is a conservative large central Mexican city where people enjoy life and also drive slower than usual. I was wondering if any other members still live there as I frequent the city 4 or 5 times a year.

Its very true about SLP to be a conservative city and also true they drive slower :), we need to wait to more members to answer your reuqest. I personally go twice a year from D.F but that's just i don't like to be 10 hours in a bus.

Manuel Bejarano wrote:

Its very true about SLP to be a conservative city and also true they drive slower :), we need to wait to more members to answer your reuqest. I personally go twice a year from D.F but that's just i don't like to be 10 hours in a bus.

If you take a 10 hour bus ride I presume you mean both ways as I enjoy the bus rides [5hrs.] from SLP to Guadalajara and back and am told it is about the same time to get to DF by bus. When we went to DF in March it was just over 5 hours to get to the hotel beside the Monumento de La Revolucion and was 3PM during the week in a car. The plane from Guadalajara to SLP costs, one way, about $4500.00 pesos, the bus costs $415.00 pesos,[ETN] one way, I visit there from the border 4 or 5 times a year, usually. We live in Las Lomas section 3 in SLP and enjoy walking up and down Cordillera de Los Himilaya to have a snack or coffee [The Italian Coffee Company .. outside] some evenings, beautiful area. Thanks for the note.

hi, I live in SLP since February 2010 with my wife and 2 kids. We are from Romania. We will be leaving home for good in a couple of months from now, maybe even faster.

Hi, are you in SLP or Mexicali?

Hi I am moving to SLP in late August 2015. I will be teaching English at the Berlitz school. I will also be a Spanish student at the school. I am looking to connect with people in SLP just to make moving to the town less lonely. However, I will have the company of other teachers from Berlitz. Not all teacher are a pleasure to be around so non-teacher friends would be nice.

Do you live in SLP now (july 2015)?

kino29 wrote:

Hi, are you in SLP or Mexicali?

I sold my house in Mexicali 18 months ago after moving to San Luis Potosi 3 years ago.

952craig20 wrote:

Hi I am moving to SLP in late August 2015. I will be teaching English at the Berlitz school. I will also be a Spanish student at the school. I am looking to connect with people in SLP just to make moving to the town less lonely. However, I will have the company of other teachers from Berlitz. Not all teacher are a pleasure to be around so non-teacher friends would be nice.

I still live in SLP and did take the Berlitz training course several years ago. I never taught there but had fun doing it. Let me know where you would like to get together and when.

HI I WILL ARRIVE ON AUGUST 25. MY NEW BOSS IS GOING TO HELP ME FIND A PLACE TO LIVE. I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT LIVING WITH A LOCAL HOME OWNER JUST TO IMMERSE MYSELF IN THE CULTURE AND IMPROVE UPON THE FOUR YEARS OF LANGUAGE TRAINING I HAVE IN SPANISH.

952craig20 wrote:

HI I WILL ARRIVE ON AUGUST 25. MY NEW BOSS .

Salvador? Maggie?

SALVADOR ESTRADA IS MY EL EFFE TO BE. I GET ALONG WITH HIM QUITE WELL WITHOUT TRYING. COULD HAVE WORKED AT MANY OTHER SCHOOLS BUT SALVADOR EMPRESSED ME THE MOST. ALSO, I STRONGLY BELIEVE IN THE BERLITZ METHOD OF TEACHING A SECOND LANGUAGE VIA MEMORIZING PHRASES VERSUS GRAMMAR. I WASTED 8 YEARS STUDYING FRENCH GRAMMAR.

@ 952craig20 > Can you please avoid posting in capital letters? This means "shouting"  !

Thank you,

Priscilla

Hey, 952craig2003, yoiu said you were going to be taking up a job in SLP in fall of 2015, and i was wondering if you finally went or not and, if so, how it was going. What do you think of SLP?

Hey Alley Cat. I live and teach English at Berlitz on Carranza here is San Luis Potosi. How are you. What in the world are you doing in SLP. Are you teaching English? The only American English speakers are teachers. It appears you are doing something else. Do you have a wife from SLP? Talk to you soon. Craig Cothren

I want to know if S.L.P. is a dangerous place for anyone who's living there or moving there with kids? My neighbor is from there but hasn't lived there for many years. He might have to  I've back with his children. Is it a dangerous place S.L.P. ?

It's a nice industrial city. As far as I know, it's not dangerous. I have visited a couple of times and been going out after midnight and seems to be okay.