Plans to move to Malta

Hi My husband is a chef and I run a business in health and wellbeing and we are moving from the Uk to Malta? My client in Malta is accomodating us this week so we can look round and seek accomodation.

We need to leVe the Uk soon after 28th February. We have a small dog and need pet friendly accomodation. Hubby will need work to start when we arrive in March.
My biggest concerns have been the accomodation and bringing the car over, we are road tripping to make it easier on the dog and travelling light so ideally do not wish to ship furniture e.tc over.

Its nice to see this forum here and interesting reading the perspectives from others already on the island.
If anyone knows of positions going for a chef or a suitable accomodation then please contact uswe will be there for 5 days taking a look round.
Can anyone tell me what are the areas to avoid , where the quieter areas are, e.t.c
Anything we should look out for whilst we are there?

the iplace in marsaxlokk are looking for a chef

Hello roadtripper,

I recommend that you have a look at the Jobs in Malta and Housing in Malta sections for more information. You also have the possibility to post ads there.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

When we came to look we staid with our little dog at the Splendid Guesthouse in Mellieha (on bookings.com).
However finding accommodation to rent (if you are) is very very difficult with pets.
Agencies will promise you lots of apartments or places to view , until you arrive and then when you have a dog its even worse.
The Maltese are lovely but dogs are not easy to rent with .We have had problems since we arrived .
Work wise I know a chef is required in Mellieha at the Band Club in the main square.
on a personal note I would be interested in your route here to Malta with the dog as we were looking to drive back to UK with ours in a few months time.
Hope this has helped .

Thank you dorada red wewill keep you posted on the roadtrip here. We are having a slight diversion to the south of france to visit my sister beforehand but we found someone had already done the route and had posted on the forum with costs for tolls e.t.c. We wanted to bring the car and less stress for the dog rather than flights, plus we wanted to be flexi with our time.

Success we found a lovely place in San Pawl, so now all we have to do is plan the roadtrip for our arrival in March.