Advice on furnished versus unfurnished accomodation in Accra

Hi all,
My partner and I are moving to Accra in a couple of months. We aren't sure if it is best to look for an unfurnished or furnished place to rent. We would prefer a furnished place rather than buy furniture just for a year or two. Are furnished places very expensive, and are there many available to choose from?
Thanks in advance!  :)

Personally I would go for furnished unless you are intending staying for more than 2 years. Yes they are available and a landlord will often change it to furnished and you will find the rent is increased.
You have to decide if the extra money for the two year period is worth it or you buy your furniture and sell it before you leave.
You might find yourself paying an extra $500 per month and that will mean $12000 over the period of the lease. Provided that aircons and kitchen appliances are in the property rhen you could furnish it for a lot less than that.

Thanks so much for the advice - that's incredibly helpful. We can't wait to get over to Accra!

(Moderated: no free ads here please + register in the business directory)

Preferably furnished dwellings,  rates are unreasonably high in prescribed residential areas (airport  East airport,   cantonments,  Osu, North Ridge, East Legon,....) ..excellent value can be found in Dzorwulu, Abelemkpe, Asylum Down, Dansoman,  Mccarthy hill, Achimota, Tesano,  North Kaneshie Sakumono....)  at a quarter of those high 'expat' rates. can provide you leads