Waiting for fiance permit more than 9 months

Hi all :-)

Next week marks 11 months of waiting for our fiance permit..anyone else experiencing the same?

Good luck to us all :-)

Hi Gatindi:)

Im from Ethiopia and i have submitted my docs 2 months ago in The Norwegian embassy in Addis Ababa,  and im waiting for their interview,
U can ask me some questions if u have:)

addis1 wrote:

Im from Ethiopia and i have submitted my docs 2 months ago in The Norwegian embassy in Addis Ababa,  and im waiting for their interview,
U can ask me some questions if u have:)

Hi Addis :-)

It's just that we have been waiting a long time and wanted others who have been waiting for more than 9 months to share their experience. I wish you quick processing with your permit :-)

Hey  Addis1:-)

I have read on the UDI website that there is a long waiting time for applicants from Ethiopia for interviews but it's not the case for Kenyans.. We just drop off the papers and they are sent to UDI. Most of our cases are processed without interview..

it's been 10 months for me,I hear there are many applicants this year,hopefully we shall have have our xmas in Norway, good luck to all of us:-)

Thank u very much for ur help.

Wish the best for all of us.

addis1 wrote:

Thank u very much for ur help.

Wish the best for all of us.

Thanks Addis1 :-)

Let's  keep each other updated. I hope they call you soon for the interview.

racheluganda wrote:

it's been 10 months for me,I hear there are many applicants this year,hopefully we shall have have our xmas in Norway, good luck to all of us:-)

Good luck to all of us :-) Yes!!
A white Christmas it will be :-) 10 months waiting is not easy but I see the finish line :-)

I have read on the Norwegian news paper that now u can ask directly with ur case processer person in UDI. Did u try to contact them?

Hi Addis :-)

Thank you very much for the information!! I will inform my fiance and we shall give a call :-)

Any word on your interview date yet?

God bless

Its very good idea that ur fiance can call UDI
and check about ur case.
I dont heard anything from the Embassy,
But i will inform u if i heard new.

Good luck:)

hi girls.

im sorry,  but i actually didnt apply for a fiancée visa. tho i do have a norwegian fiancée.

its really sad to know that this visa is taking so much time for approval :( long distance relationshil is hard enough as it is,  and all this agony from waiting makes it almost unbearable in my opinion :(

i wish to know, have u had visit visas for norway before?  i guess my point in asking is to know if having a visit/tourist visa for norway before applying for an engagement permit would help with a faster decision.

thanks and wish u all the best.
pheebz

Hi Pheebz :-)

Thank you :-)

I have been to Norway twice before applying  for the permit, so I guess it really does not speed up the waiting times...

You are lucky to be from Philippines because I understand your embassy is allowed to process family immigration permits and some have had theirs approved in less than a month.

Please read through the other threads too as they have shared the process and maybe get in touch with them for more information.

thanks for sharing gatindi.   :)

i guess previous visas doesnt really matter much :(

as far as i know, only family reunification permit for spouses are the only residence permit being processed by the norwegian embassy here in the Phils.  for fiancée,  i think its still UDI who approves them..  altho some recent posts iv read indeed said that even engagement permits can be processed by the embassy,  thus the shorter waiting period..  altho i couldnt find any concrete source for this info.

i wish you luck and all the best  :) hope you keep us posted on the result of ur visa application..  thanks

Hi Pheebz :-)

Thanks for the wishes and I will keep you updated :-)

I specifically asked 2 of the girls and they confirmed that their fiance permits were processed at the embassy and it took less than a month... As you prepare your's I wish you the best and speed :-)

wow.!  thats good news for us filipinos...  :)

btw,  i found this:

Immigration Regulations for Engagement Permit

dunno if this can be helpful to anyone.  but this looks like the regulations sent by UDI to embassies in foreign countries..

Hi all :-)

Finally :-) My fiance permit has been approved! Thanks for the support! For everyone who is waiting, your applications will be approved.

God bless

Congrats Gatindi!!!!!!  Finaly!

Im very happy for u. I hope we all shall hear a good news.

God bless.

Amen!

congs gal:-),am really happy for you,meet you in Norway :-)

congrats dear,,really really happy

thats great news gatindi.!! congratulations and im happy for you :)

Hi Gatindi. .
congrats for obtaining your visa after 11 long months. .
Am also from Kenya,it's been now 9 months waiting for fiancee visa. .
Please share with us on how udi processedyour visa. .when they emailed you that they have started pprocessing and if your fiancee was interviewed and what requirements he was told to provide. ..please answer my questions so we can prepare too
thanks.
Tuonane Norway :-)