Moving to Jakarta

Hi there, we are currently planning our move to Jakarta and looking for AIS as a school for the children. We are currently looking at accommodation areas, husband will be working near MONAS and I believe the commute can be tedious depending on where we live. May I ask for suggestions? A lot of forums point to Kemang being difficult to get out of. Would appreciate some ideas so I can start looking at suburbs. Thanks in advance.

Hmm how about menteng area? Its closer to monas

Thank you Ochie, I will do a search. It's overwhelming and not being there makes it harder to gauge.

Hmmm between ais and monas, could be kuningan (patra kuningan,mega kuningan,setiabudi,rasuna kuningan). Well menteng area could be too

flounderz wrote:

Thank you Ochie, I will do a search. It's overwhelming and not being there makes it harder to gauge.

Your welcome :-)

Ok, just out of curiosity, is there any area near Kemang in South Jakarta which might be slightly easier to get out of to the city?

flounderz wrote:

Ok, just out of curiosity, is there any area near Kemang in South Jakarta which might be slightly easier to get out of to the city?

Kuningan area

Thanks Ochie. Would you have any idea on travelling time from Kuningan to Australian International School during peak hours?

flounderz wrote:

Thanks Ochie. Would you have any idea on travelling time from Kuningan to Australian International School during peak hours?

Since Kuningan is not a small area, it depends on your location and, of course, the traffic jam. For instance, it took me about an hour and a quarter with moderate to high traffic (based on experience) from Rasuna Said to East Kemang (AIS). Well, maybe I wasn't lucky enough that day.

There are 2 AIS.. Pejaten and Kemang.. Which one?