Jobs in Norway

Hi... Is it easy to get non skill (odd jobs) work in Norway???

no, it is pretty difficult without speaking Norwegian (most odd jobs require talking to and interacting with Norwegians). If you are non-EU citizen and have to apply for work permit/visa it becomes close to impossible.  Sorry!

How about immigration policy? Are they tough? do they deport immigrant usually? What is the current situation regarding to illegal immigrants?

Hi

I suggest you look up the policies and requirements for possible visas at  udi.no (the official immigration website for Norway). There is also plenty of useful information on this forum in the visa section.
I strongly advise against illegal immigration. Apart from the obvious deportation, you have no access to any health services etc. and can't even buy a cell phone without registration.  In addition, it's very difficult to live of odd jobs here. Cost of living is sky-high.

what the previous replies in your post are true, if you are outside Norway and needs a visa it would be hard for you to find a job because for the companies or institutions that has job offers for non skilled workers will first offer it with the people who are already here.

If in case the citizens here (since birth or through papers) doesnt want these jobs there are many migrants (holders of other permits that are inside Norway) that are mostly willing to take these offers since their main purpose for coming here is to work.Also the language is a big factor, even if most of the people here speaks english they would still prefer those who knows their language.

So the best option for you might be to study norsk while looking for an employer online or through a friend, or better yet is gather all the information you need to be able to come here easily and know the process of employment.

based on your profile if you want to read more since you are in Latvia this is the Norwegian embassy's page there:

Norwegian Embassy in Latvia

or since you're from Sri lanka you may also read here:

Norwegian Embassy in Sri Lanka

I'm sure if you become equipped with proper information you can reach your plans and goals :)

thank you very much stephy25 for your response. But i have another point also. I hold schengen visa. So I can come any time to Norway without applying visa know. As far as I know, I can stay tree month legally in Norway. Is possible to get job and and applying resident permit there. After entering 3 month if I could not able arrange some what happen (I mean legal background )? Please guide me..

Thank you....

dimesh, I am assuming from your profile that you are not a Latvian passport holder, so I'll further guess that you are Sri Lankan. You can see information customized for your nationality here on the Norwegian immigration authority webpage. As useful as advice from individuals here is, it's best to get the final answer confirmed on the government website:

http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/work … ion/?c=lka

dimesh, regarding the Schengen visa rules, you have to leave the country after 90 days if you have not found a job. 

http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/

I agree with the recommendations of the previous posters: get reliable information from UDI and Norwegian embassy.

And try to look for a job BEFORE you go to Norway. 90 days without a job in Norway cost you a fortune!

Hi. I am trying to get a non skilled job in Oslo, Norway. I am willing to travel out of Oslo altogether. I am finding it very difficult to find. Any advice?

Thank you.

Paul.

Hi hello I would like to enterested to fine work being clener. ?

example im her Qatar now how making the pepers...
thanks?

example im her Qatar now how making the pepers...
thanks?

I want to apply by clener

Yes. I could.

I am willing to work as the clener in norway . Thanks

cheng cheng wrote:

I am willing to work as the clener in norway . Thanks

if you need a work visa to live here, I doubt a cleaning job will sponsor it.