Human resource Job for expat in Malaysia

Hi .. I m working in Malaysia(Kuala Lumpur) for last 3yrs now. I got married 6 months back.

My wife was working as a HR in Bangalore,India for a US based MNC for last 4yrs after doing her MBA in HR.

Now she has resigned from her job and moved to Kuala Lumpur on dependent visa.

I m finding it very difficult to find a HR job for her in Malaysia as most companies prefer local candidates for HR positions.
Want suggestions for forum people on this topic...

Any certification/training she can do or what else can be done to find a HR job in KL.

I am afraid HR is probably the hardest area to break into (alongside Banking) because, as you say, there are more than enough suitably qualified Malaysian candidates. Its a case of just keeping on applying to only the top international companies represented here. The prospects are very poor. Networking as much as possible with other internationals is probably the best way to succeed.

Yaa true ... in last 2-3 months not a single interview calls :(

Thinking of finding some good training place and get her certified in Malaysian labor laws etc ..

not sure how much help certification can do ..

Dont waste your money. Its nothing about knowing labour laws, you can read up on them in an hour. Its because there is no reason to employer foreigners.

She could contact the Global Indian International School to see if they have any work.

Thanks for the reply ... i got the 2014 Malaysian employee handbook for her few days back .. lot of info about the Malaysian laws in the book

[moderated: please post an ad in the Jobs in Kuala Lumpur section for your job offer.]