Can i survive with this income?

Hi,

I got an offer in Malaysia in Leopad (Oil and Gas company). They are offering me 70K INR/ Month(3952 MYR). They are offering me accomadation. Please let me know whether can i survive with this income. Further, I have a monthly commitment of 60K INR/Month in India. Will i be able to meet the same? Looking forward for your reply.

rrsragha - no way.

Hi rrsragha,

I have created a new topic with your post on the Kuala Lampur forum for more visibility and interaction with the other members.

I advised you to have a look at the topics on Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur section, you will find some useful information there.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

You must be joking! No way stay in India.

A simple mathematical equation shows that what others have said is correct.

No way you can get by on the money left over after you pay your monthly commitment in India.

You would have to pay income tax on that amount and the value of your accommodation so that in itself nearly cancels out your spending money.

My comment is enough to survive here but not too over spend good luck

alex yoh wrote:

My comment is enough to survive here but not too over spend good luck

Rubbish.

Have you really read the post and done the mathematics.
Please refrain from offering false hope to the OP.

@rrsragha
If you live a normal life with shared accommodation (assuming you are single), your month expense will be around RM2000.
Now you have to calculate by yourself that how much you will save and what are your financial commitments... etc. Aslo check with your employer about the income tax.

Less than 4,000RM... No way! Even with accommodation paid, this is way too low for KL.
You need minimum 800-1,000RM/month for food, telephone 100RM, transportation taxi/public transport 300RM
Food court: 1 meal 15RM / Restaurant mid-range 45RM.
Entertainment: ticket for movie: 12RM, Going out with friends with 1 drink: 50RM
Health insurance (300RM/month depending on your age check Axa or other companies).
If not, cost of doctor consultation 150RM minimum and minimum 20,000RM for uncomplicated surgery.
Income tax very expensive (can be 26% of your yearly salary, check the bracket or ask your employer).
Of course you could always survive but you will have to be super careful and you will not be able to save money.
You should maybe ask your employer for at least a 5,000RM salary including accommodation, income tax and a minimum health coverage (at least for accidents/surgeries).
Good luck ;)

Emicoti - the issue is the financial commitment this member would have back home.

no way possible.

Negotiate for at least 6K otherwise stay in India. Don't give yourselves false assurances.

KL is a thriving city so you will tempted to spend here.

Sounds like you are going to let these guys commit a crime on to you if you say 'YES'