Stop adding me !

Stop adding me and send me messages ! why ?? i jsut entered and i got 10 invitations and 9 messages hi hi i am i help you i have a fiancee and i dont need ur help thank you !

welcome to the Egyptian digital harassment
you will get familiar with that and i`ll not guarantee it will stop even after your post

so mai i help :P

Hello Celine,

Just push the button Report, and write a message to that box & the admin will review & take care of that matter.

Thank you.

Celine992 wrote:

Stop adding me and send me messages ! why ?? i jsut entered and i got 10 invitations and 9 messages hi hi i am i help you i have a fiancee and i dont need ur help thank you !

Sorry about the hassles you are getting.

As usual the macho male stalker types come out of the woodwork when they see a new female member.

Just click on the report tab on the top of the post and let admin know why you are reporting it.

If you get a message on the PM system, open the message, click on the action button report it and then block the sender.

Dr.Shebo wrote:

you will get familiar with that and i`ll not guarantee it will stop even after your post

Thanks but there is no way you can help as you are not a member of the admin team.

i am not here to block :) just to look and go out ,, i decided to go to uae i think better womens a reporting of that harassment in egypt

report!

Just ignore and report

Celine992 wrote:

i am not here to block :) just to look and go out ,,

Hello Celine,

If you are not prepared to follow the sound advice given regarding reporting and blocking those members sending unwanted messages then the problem is simply going to continue. And it is not going to continue just for you, but also for all the other female members that these people are sending their messages to.

How can we help you if you are not willing to take the necessary actions to help us do that, or to help yourself for that matter?

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

take it easy

egyptaboveall wrote:

take it easy

That's exactly the mentality... Guys like you with useless posts like this...
How would you react if you see a woman harrassed in the street? Tell her to take it easy?

Hello Celine992,

I agree to what was said by James and Stumpy.

You should report those messages (be it private messages or on the forum) by clicking on the red "Report" button on the forum messages or clicking on the Action button in your private messages and selecting Report; both of them found in the upper right corner of your messages.

This will notify the team and we will take care of it. It's the only way it is going to stop you from being harassed and it will also prevent others from being harassed in the future.

Thank you.

And thanks to James and Stumpy as well for the great work as always ;)

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

stumpy wrote:
Dr.Shebo wrote:

Thanks but there is no way you can help as you are not a member of the admin team.

it`s very clear that i`m kidding

Another Egyptian man who thinks harassment is all a joke.

Rhona1 wrote:

Another Egyptian man who thinks harassment is all a joke.

we, @Expat.com, are taking it very seriously. please report these guys, we'll instantly close their accounts

thanks !

Well, that escalated quickly...

As a Western woman, living in this culture, and learning that the Egyptians (EVEN THE MALES gasp!) are a generous and warm people, I think it's clear that the user Dr. Shebo was not being malicious, or posting with any intent of belittling ACTUAL harassment.

Actual harassment is backwards, wrong, and demeaning for all concerned, and the advice to report harassment as well as unwanted messages is crucial for things to improve. Thank you for this advice.

However, in this case, 10 guys said hi. Celine992 clearly did not go as far as to label that harassment, but that's suddenly what it got called.

Kudos to all the enlightened Egyptian guys who take unwanted attention seriously, as it is a serious topic, but can we also remember that those 10 hapless 'macho' guys didn't know Celine992 didn't want anybody saying hi (they do now) and that there was no implication that these same guys pestered her after being informed of her lack of interest .

Also, there's no point witch-hunting users who were trying to be helpful and bypassing perspective entirely.

It's not harassment? That's why we are supposed to report it? That's why administration says to report it? Why are these men sending posts privately, why don't women do that? Because these men are harassing and it's normal for them. The first steps of harassment don't count? Why are there so many conversations at this site about harassment and all these rules in pace when it happens? This site continues to amaze me each day as the issues of harassment continue to come into my inbox. I never saw so many problems from men's behavior anywhere.

So many questions, Rhona. Why don't you just come to Egypt and figure it out?

In my mind, anything that a user doesn't like somebody doing on this forum and one has a problem with, report it, and let administration decide. It's not for others to be lambasting, attacking, or 'keyboard warrioring' and writing off the attitude of a whole nation...

And by the way... do people not say hi to you very often? It's not always terribly threatening, actually! I believe the point that Celine992 may have been putting across, that got lost in the crossfire, is that it was a frustration, not a menace, and a frustration that she has dealt with.

It IS harassment and I will keep on reporting! These guys are useless for this forum, just trying to make a catch. And no, that is not ok, because this is simply not a dating forum.

You really don[t understand. Your mind can not grasp this subject. I think you should start with rereading the very first comment of the woman who is uncomfortable, then continue with some other comments like my question why is it only men making private contact?

Also, if I were attacking or lambasting, lambasting? Whaaat? I would be reported or blocked. Because that is how abuse or harassment is dealt with. First step is to understand what harassment is which you are not capable of.

But I think I'm wasting my breath and I won't again.

I agree. It is not a dating forum. It is not a harassment forum either.

I think everybody has to use their own discretion. If you are being repeatedly pestered, then of course anybody would report.

But it's when we start bad-mouthing people on the forum and jumping to "burn the witch" when we might have actually misconstrued what they were saying, and then make sweeping judgements about everybody in the Egyptian male community that I think is rather misplaced.

Only you have been talking about "the whole nation" and "everybody in the egyptian male community", AlexAdventuress!

Speaking of "the mentality" and "another Egyptian man who thinks harassment is a joke" is where I picked up on those inferences, Caty in Cairo.

I agree that nobody except me used the phrase "the whole nation", but communication is often more than black and white, and those inferences, intended or not, were abundantly clear.

I commented to try to diffuse a situation that was getting increasingly ramped-up and self-righteous. You've eloquently expressed your beliefs, I've said my bit, and Rhona's shared more than enough as well, so let's not make a further spectacle of some people's lack of understanding and agree, as we have all said all along, that harassment is a bad thing...

Night night, Egypt.

Just change your photo. You will get no trouble

I have no photo and I have the hi, hello, how are you today, hi, how are you, hi ,can I help you, regularly. I don't report them because i don't want to offend them. Sick eh?

Eh...   Yeah. I didn't see that coming. Well, I guess I am lucky to be a man in Cairo.

Does this mean it is unlucky to be a woman in Cairo? If so I think you are probably right.

Rhona1 wrote:

I have no photo and I have the hi, hello, how are you today, hi, how are you, hi ,can I help you, regularly. I don't report them because i don't want to offend them. Sick eh?

By reporting them you will be stopping these guys from doing the same to other women. You will not be offending them as they do this sort of thing all the time.
Report them and the admin team will take care of it.

I am just saying that my man never looks or adds because he doesn't care or a women doesn't affect him  in egypt as i see they never saw a women so they get thirsty  .. :)

Rhona1 wrote:

You don't want to offend them??? How could that possibly happen when all reports are 100% ANONYMOUS? They won't know who reported them, and couldn't possibly figure it out either, since they've probably sent out lewd unsolicited messages to hundreds of women, not just you.

Every one of our members, male or female, should ALWAYS report unsolicited, unwanted and annoying messages of any kind, not just those proposing relationships.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

James wrote:
Rhona1 wrote:

You don't want to offend them??? How could that possibly happen when all reports are 100% ANONYMOUS? They won't know who reported them, and couldn't possibly figure it out either, since they've probably sent out lewd unsolicited messages to hundreds of women, not just you.

Every one of our members, male or female, should ALWAYS report unsolicited, unwanted and annoying messages of any kind, not just those proposing relationships.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

:top:  James is right !

I know James is right. He is always right. He has the best advice. Now I just have to press that little report button.

:shy Wow, Rhona - what can I say after a comment like that?  :shy

Just thanks I guess.

Cheers,
James

@James,

You're welcome and you and your team deserve some compliments from all your great advice to all of us. I love reading your professional expert comments.

Change your photo to a random, gross-looking photo, and I guarantee they will stop adding you.

MDR c'est ça l'Egypt ma chère Céline :) Je crois que les émirats devraient un meilleur choix :D

MagnumJoe wrote:

MDR c'est ça l'Egypt ma chère Céline :) Je crois que les émirats devraient un meilleur choix :D

ENGLISH please.

XB23 wrote:

Change your photo to a random, gross-looking photo, and I guarantee they will stop adding you.

No it will not ,
Even I get those messages, they don't even bother to read my profile and if they did, they will never text me.
These are just horny guys waiting for a change to catch someone. For them its the only way to get in touch with girls.
And that's okay with me but not on this site, there are many matrimonial and dating sites for that purpose.

XB23 wrote:

Egyptian guys harrass niqabis. Period.