Meeting new people

Hello! I am Kyla McKee, originally from Canada. I am new to Addis Ababa and I'm hoping to meet some other expats in the area.

I'm working at World Vision, and will often be in the field, but I could definitely use some friends for when I'm in the city :)

Hello Kyla McKee.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hello Kyla,
   Welcome to Addis. I've been here for about 6 months and while I find it challenging it also can be fun. I've noticed that there isn't a tight knit expat community here as there are in other parts of the world but hopefully this group can help change that. I'm in the Bole area if you want to grab some coffee sometime.

Russ

Thanks Aurelie!

And Russ, I'll send you a message with my number - I would love to hang out sometime :)

let me be ur guest have coffe and discuss .

hi everyone, i'm Ahmed, from Cairo,Egypt. been in Addis since june 10th.. i'm a civil engineer working here on some project till mid september, will be glad if i can find expats to get along with, this country is really closed! .. feel free to contact me.. waiting :)

Hi Kylamckee

Welcome to Addis! I am from Nepal and working with ChildFund International Africa region based in Addis at regional office. I need to travel a lot but, interested to meet new friends while I am am here. I live in Bole area and let me know if you are interested and available.

Once again welcome to Addis!

Shankar Sunuwar

hi Ahmed, welcome to Addis!

Hi, if you will want to com harar
contact on fb baharudin ahmed.

Hi Baharu,

Please can you tell us more about yourself and how you can help? :)

Thank you,

David.

P.S: Sorry for off topic.

pleace can you tell me about yourself in ur life and how you can tell us

Hi love32,

Please note that your posting is quite vague.

Can you please give us more details and tell us how can we help you?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

hi Kyla McKee I am am john from Australia, just leeting you know about locals in addis ababa, when it comes to Vias'a , passport's ,,,money,and marriage proposals,, be very careful of laege families who are very kind and have a lot of smiling faces,,,,,,cheers jk aussiepeople....

Come on guys. Expats don't need to be around just other expats to have a great social life in Addis Ababa or Ethiopia. Try and find a friendly trustworthy Ethiopian who will be able to network you with a variety of individuals. When I first came to Ethiopia way back in 1990, I met a local Ethiopian who has been my friend for the last 20 years, in fact I learnt more about the culture and life and language of this wonderful country than I would have done if I had just hung around ex pats going on guided tours and taking photos of begging children and acting like out of place tourist.
So ex-pats be bold and assertive  do not segregate yourself in this beautiful country.....try and make contact with the authentic Ethiopia

:)

hi, hope we can be good friends!
c ya soon.

Hi Kyla,  I'm from India . Associated with an eye medicare project in Addis in the capacity of senior surgeon cum director. Leaving Addis Ababa in next 2 weeks though. Feel free to contact. It would be a great honour. Regards Dr ASC

Hi Kyla,  I'm from India . Associated with an eye medicare project in Addis in the capacity of senior surgeon cum director. Leaving Addis Ababa in next 2 weeks though. Feel free to contact. It would be a great honour. Regards Dr ASC

If you come harar contact me

Dear sir/madam
hope this expat finds you well if you are real. I live in harar town. Contact me

all people in ethiopia are help ful for forieners in addition to this ;i will help u if u need any information and help u for every thing

Hey Raymond, are you currently in Addis?

hii my name is bora from turkey  i wanna come to addis ababa  i am looking some one to help me

This thread has been way off topic with time.

Since the initiator of the thread is no more active, I think its largely time to close down this thread.

If you wish to share or seek other information please Create a New Thread.

Thank you

Kenjee
Expat.com team

Closed