Best place to retire in Panama for a golfer on a budget?

Wife and I are from the U.S. We love golf, beach but would also like temperatures in the low 80's. Would you recommend Boquette or are there more reasonable costs elsewhere.

Also what age do you have to be to get discounts on stuff like golf, restaurants, and such?

Thanks for any info you can share with me!

Darryl

dear darryl i could help you with that. I recommend you Lucero Homes, Golf & Country Club, from Private lot, single family homes model, to duplex.

[moderated: offensive comment]

Until a Panama golf expert comments, search www.worldgolf.com/panama for a list of golf courses in Panama.  There are course ratings for each golf course and you can then research each specific golf course and the areas where they are located to see if any of the locations will fit your budget.  There are many golf courses in Panama City and in the Coronado beach area.    I have heard that Boquete is very rainy for golf.

Resident discounts start at age 55 for women and 60 for men.  I have never seen discounts for golf on the list.  The discounts are mostly for movies, museums, restaurants, RXs, dentists, electricity, hotels, and airfare on Copa.  Search "Pensionado discounts Panama" or "Jubilado discounts Panama" for a complete list of the discounts.  Joining a golf club/organization may be the way to get golf discounts.

@PurpleBox >

What's that?! Sounds really rude to me.

Hey Smartoldlady,
I agree. Purplebox was rude. Thanks for speaking up. He has no business talking like that.

truth is painful
it's better to be blunt

purplebox, blunt is OK, but Darryl and his wife want the same things most expats do:  a good life at a reasonable cost.  If not, why bother to leave the US?

Thomas

Hello everyone,

Can we now concentrate on the topic and try to help Darryl?

[I would invite you to use the report button. Our team will do the necessary.]

Thank you

There is a brand new indoor Golf Center in Panama City called, "The Green Club".  It is a bar, restaurant, & indoor golf academy, with state-of-the-art PGA golf simulators, training lab, and pro shops.  There are 2 giant floor-to-ceiling golf simulators, par 3-challenge game. 

Address:
The Green Club
Calle Alquilino de la Guardia
Area Bancaria, off Via Espana, past the Hyatt Hotel

*This information is from my YEP (Young Expats in Panama) newsletter.  The Green Club website is still being built.
More details at:  youngexpatsinpanama.com