Go Malta - using 3rd party Adsl modem

Has anyone experience on this and the router/modem setting? We have propably the so called adsl/vdsl password that is needed to establishe the connection to Gos server, but as what it comes to other info, they dont want to provide it to us. We want to use our own equipment, since the Technicolor routerr/modem they have is simple not suitable for our needs.

I use it. The password was provided at registration stage and included in the agreement.
By default it's a landline number :)

There is no problem to use 3rd party modem

Yeah, i have those details, but modem is not connecting, its propably some of the other setting that needs to be changed, and i cant login to the Go modem with the default admin password, since it has been changed by Go.

Hi, hope you had solved your problem :)

i had a 3rd party router working. sadly i had my router defaulted and lost the setting.... i've tried to see if there is any settings on go's modem but to no use.

and go won't really give out any information.. not even to maltese ...

they usually dont need much information, connection type pppoe, username is username@go, password is phone number, ip dynamic, unless you pay for a static ip.

if you speak to go, ask them for details so you can put your go modem in bridge mode, i have done it before for the company i work for, unfortunately not everyone at go knows what the settings are.

On this same topic, but a bit to the side....I have just bought a router in Russia and will not need it beyond one month.  Is it possible to use it in Malta?   Does anyone know this?
Or is it not transferable...in which case I will leave it with someone here to use.
Thanks in advance you tech. people!
Robyn

Ozchook wrote:

On this same topic, but a bit to the side....I have just bought a router in Russia and will not need it beyond one month.  Is it possible to use it in Malta?   Does anyone know this?
Or is it not transferable...in which case I will leave it with someone here to use.
Thanks in advance you tech. people!
Robyn

what is the router?

Do you mean what make is the router?

Yes sorry make and model number, then I can check the specs and see if it is compatible... Though I'm sure it probably is