Norwegian citizenship

Hello everyone!

I'm new here. My name's Mery, from Mexico and I my husband is Norwegian. We have a kid, she is Mexican citizen because she was born here but we would like to know what we should do to register her in Norway in order to get her Norwegian citizenship. We would also like to hear about people's experiences with family reunification. We've Heard there are some new rules for family reunification? Is it difficult to be aproved? Please help me!

Thank you!

check the UDI

Hi Mery, I'm Monica, from Brazil and I just got my Family Immigration visa. It was very fast. My husband, who is brazilian too,  works for an O&G company and he came to Stavanger on March. I came on May and started the visa process from here.

The hard part was to have my documents from Brazil validated in Brazil and to get everything translated, but as soon as I received them back and applied, in  two weeks I received the letter telling  my visa was granted.

Although it is a permanent visa, it has to be renewed every year . You will find all the information you need at udi.no

Good luck!

Candice from Cape Town, South Africa here :) If all goes according to plan, and UDI give us a favorable answer on our 9th month (currently waiting 8 months now), I will be getting married to my fiance in Farsund :)
Counting down the days to see him again!

Hi everyone,

@ Mery,

welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your posts on the Norway forum for better visibility. ;)

Hi Mery

I hope you've found some answers by now, but if you haven't I recommend you go and look at UDI.no this is the website Norway uses for all its immigration, its also a website you can start the process of applying for your visas from. Personally I dont have experience with family reunification but I do with family immigration. If you have any specific questions give me a private message and I will do my best to answer.

Try not to be too put off by the waiting times, I know they say 9 months for family immigrations at the moment but I got my answer within six weeks of that supposed 9 months so I think it just varies.

Thanks to you all!!! I hope we find out son!

Hello! Thanks for your answer!

You think I can start my visa process if I am in Norway? Would that be easier?. What documents did you need for that? I appreciate your help!

Hi,

I'm getting ready to apply for familyimmigration , (i got married with a norwegian and i live in France since 2007) my question is the same that you ,  Iit woulb be easier to ask family immigration there or in France ?