Career Prospects for Indians holding CIMA in New Zeland

Hi My name is Praveen and am an Indian. I lived most of my life in the Middle East and have over 7 years experience in Business Management working for a US based defense contracting company. I plan on studying for CIMA and migrate to New Zealand, However I would like to know the career prospects for CIMA holders in New Zealand.

hello Praveen  and welcome on board Expat.com

Hope that some members will be able to inform you more about the career prospects soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Kumarp wrote:

Hi My name is Praveen and am an Indian. I lived most of my life in the Middle East and have over 7 years experience in Business Management working for a US based defense contracting company. I plan on studying for CIMA and migrate to New Zealand, However I would like to know the career prospects for CIMA holders in New Zealand.

Too many variables to say for sure what jobs prospects will be available after you migrate to NZ.

The NZ economy is not doing too well at the moment. 

For jobs check out www.seek.co.nz  this site will give you an idea of job types being offered now in NZ.

stumpy wrote:

Too many variables to say for sure what jobs prospects will be available after you migrate to NZ.

The NZ economy is not doing too well at the moment. 

For jobs check out www.seek.co.nz  this site will give you an idea of job types being offered now in NZ.

Totally agree. Do not move to NZ unless you have a definite job to come to.

I am  currently looking on Seek and applying for jobs.  My partner and I are both highly skilled UK professionals but it's almost impossible to get a job unless we downskill or move to Auckland.  But there is no affordable housing in Auckland so we would have nowhere to live.  Our only option might be to leave soon.

Remember NZ has a small population of about 4.5 million.  There is plenty space for migrants here (except in Auckland), just not enough jobs for them. 

It might be worth registering with Linkedin where you can find others with similar qualifications.  Perhaps they can give better advice.  Good luck

I completely agree with "Colinsmum".  New Zealand does have lot of land but not very many jobs. I always see people leaving for Australia for better opportunities. You are better off going to some other places. Why are you not choosing India? It is fastest growing economy in the world and we are seeing so many Indians are moving back to India. With your work experience overseas you can create a company in India and establish a good business.

Friends,

I am an Electrical engineer and have a 10 years of experience in procurement. I have been invited for applying permanent residency and will be apply soon. I will be shifting my family with me. Pleaase guide me whether there are jobs related to procurement / supply chain