Joining French Foreign Legion

Hi, I am a Vijay from Nepal and I'm really interested in joining the FFL (French Foreign Legion). I'm physically fit and strong enough to compete to join FFL. But the problem is I really have no idea where should  I start from. I've no idea about if its possible to come to France directly from Nepal and try for the FFL. Also what sort of visa (short term or long term) should apply for. So it would be very helpful if any suggestion regarding to visa processing and what sort of visa is required or is legitimate to join the FFL could be provided. Thank you, have a nice day... :)

Hi Vijay.

Just so you know, the French Foreign Legion is made up of a  lot of young persons looking to flee difficult home conditions or criminal histories. Recruits have the choice of enlisting using a false name and date of birth. I have met quite a few of the young men posted in Calvi (Corsica). They were all outstanding individuals and quite respectful.

The recruitment website says that you need:

For the candidates that do not belong to the SCHENGEN convention, they require a valid passport.
  No school diploma is required
It is necessary to be able to read and write in your mother tongue.
You must be at least 17 and a half years old and less than 39 and a half years old.
All other administrative requirements : carte de séjour, photocopy of your family book (if you have one), mariage certificate, divorce certificate, birth certificate showing both parents full names translated into French etc…)

It also mentions that the FFL will not help you to obtain the carte de séjour or any document required for you to leave your country.

Physical requirement is a BMI between 20 and 30 and ability to pass the physical training. (I did not check what it was).

Medical requirements are:
- good teeth.
- no chronic ailment such as tuberculosis, hepatitis, HIV, being overweight, diabetes, poor vision, poor hearing...
- surgical conditions : missing a digit, unstable knee, discal hernia...

If you want the info for yourself , the website is here.

We have the same problem bro..i am also looking for help on how to have a visa that ive not been rejected.I am planning to join next march

Godbless us!

I have difficulty with my status here in the Netherlands I am from Iraq living in the Netherlands  as a refugee  I am looking to get into France  foreign legion     For the rest I am 100% fit I train in the gym 2 to 3 hours a day   Is there any possibility for me to come there to Paris and sign up I have worked as interpreter before