Recap eco development building near La Ceiba!

They call it Corinto Pearl.  I think its near a river not sure if it near the Beach.  I have looked at them all and LCBC still looks the best deal for me.  I have not found any negative reviews on LCBC.  LCBC I have seen a few adds for sale on their properties.  Real nice looking homes.  I am going to con the wife in going down there to check things out and see if it is safe in Honduras.  I am a larger mean looking guy so I think I shouldn't have to much trouble there unless they shoot me.  I have been stabbed and hit by a car in Canada so it can't be much worse.

Coronito Pearl is not in La Ceiba. They are west about 20 minutes or more. They are located in the south side of the main highway. The property is level a little and sloped on the rest. They are not on the ocean.. Maybe a 20 minute car ride possibly more to a beach. Some Canadians are buying lots and their pre construction deals online. BTW... Not many know.. But, they are also selling to locals. Sorry for the rain on a parade but to me... That is not good at all. Anyone can PM me (private message me) on this. Not bashing at all. Just my experience throughout the years in Honduras. Or post up here.

I live in La Ceiba and Corinto Pearl is 20 Minutes outside of La ceiba past the airport. Corinto does not have any beach access. If you are looking for beach access, there is another development called Quijote Club. This development is 20 minutes outside of La Ceiba in the other direction. I heard their properties start at $89,900 for 1,400 sq ft where as the properties at Corinto start somewhere over $120,000 for 900 sq st. Quijote Club is also building a Clubhouse with a restaurant. I think their website is quijoteclub.com if you want to check it out.

Thanks for the information, you can't have to much information when it comes to buy a winter home.  If Honduras isn't to scary with all the crime I am buying there.  It would be sweet to buy now and have the government clean up the crime and be a nice place to live.

That is what is happening right now.
BTW.. I believe he's a paid poster

Hi Nelson,

The Government this past year has amped up its military presence in the country, in some places taking over for some typical police duties to try and weed out corruption. To me it seems to be getting better. Although it is always interesting to think that and then hear again that the country you live in now has an even higher murder rate then before. However, from my experience here, if you are careful and do not involve yourself in the wrong crowd you have the same chance of being killed as you do in most major cities. At least here you do not need to worry about your kids being shot and killed in a mass murder at a school.

JustinHonduras wrote:

Hi Nelson,

The Government this past year has amped up its military presence in the country, in some places taking over for some typical police duties to try and weed out corruption. To me it seems to be getting better. Although it is always interesting to think that and then hear again that the country you live in now has an even higher murder rate then before. However, from my experience here, if you are careful and do not involve yourself in the wrong crowd you have the same chance of being killed as you do in most major cities. At least here you do not need to worry about your kids being shot and killed in a mass murder at a school.

where abouts do you live I  Honduras?  in a city, beach house, suburb, eco development?  What are the prices in your area?  I only seem to be able to find a few developments online.  I was looking at LCBC and a few eco developments near Trujillo and a condo in Costa Rica  Its hard finding real estate online the same ones keep popping up. I would hate to buy a place then find a cheaper better one down the road.  What is your suggestions when buying in Honduras?

You won't be able to find a more affordable beach house or bungalow than LCBC on the mainland

That's what I have found so far to be true by searching the Internet plus the homes look good.  I also like that one in the back that is 3 floors that was remodeled with big windows.

It looks like a buyers market everywhere right now I bet some Canadians will be putting there Carribean beach homes up for sale.  Our dollar dropped $0.20 and the price of oil in the tank I think they will want out of there vacation homes.  There is major layoffs starting in Alberta and BC.

Hi Nelson,

I would strongly suggest buying someplace you visit first! I know that Corinto Pearl and Trujillo Beach Eco are both owned by the same company. They offer fly and buy programs. Also, Quijote Club offers a fly and buy program. This means that if you purchase a place in one of those three developments you will be reimbursed for your airfare and stay (I believe up to a certain amount). That would be a great option if you know for sure that you want to buy in Honduras but are not sure which development you want to buy in! Hopefully this helps. Not sure about La Ceiba Beach club.

I bought a house in La Ceiba that is not in a development. I live in the city and bought the house from a cuban that built the house. The main thing I thought about when getting a house here was what I will be and want to be doing. For me, I like to go out with friends and enjoy some of what the city has to offer. In this case it made sense for me to live/near the city. Trujillo will not offer the same city life that La Ceiba offers.

I also like the fact that I have only a 40 minute boat ride to Uthila and Roatan which are two different worlds if I ever feel like getting out of La Ceiba for a couple days. For those reasons above, La Ceiba is a prime location for living!

The bungalow you may be speaking of once started out as a single story. I sold that to an ex police officer named Pat. He wanted bigger... Better and of course more $. The original layout was a 2 bedroom 1 bath 600 square feet bungalow with beach access.. 25 second walk to the beach. He spoke to me.. Asked me how to make his idea/ dream come through. Made that happen by making the bungalow to a 3 story mini mansion !! First level has only a full bath with bedroom, second level.. Two more full bedrooms with full bath.. THIRD level.. Full bath.. ALL windows glass.. Open concept.. 360 degree views of.. Beach.. Left.. Right .. Rear.. Mountains.

So, in reality and what this beautiful bungalow was, then turned into.. In a great location... I sold it for $90,000.00 USD. Yes $90K !! So, there is zero greed involved. There are do many options on Honduras and do many to look only at Eco developments. Hey "Eco" sounds awesome !! But, in the end is it what you want  ? Life is short brothers and sisters. But, in the end.. I want (if could happen) whoever purchases any property in Honduras to be fulfilled and live the life.

I worry those eco developments have a ton of rules.  In LCBC is there any rules?  Can you have large parties late into the night?  I see some homes are close together.  I bet the the thing to do is to invite the neighbors.  That's what I do at the lake.  Cops have only showed up twice.

I have been to parties at some of these eco developments and have never run into an issue with parties. Although Palma Real tends to have the strictest rules and their homes are very close together. For sure you would not have to worry about it at other developments that have more space between homes.

LCBC has basically no restrictions. Live and let live kind of thing. Parties LOL 100's of them !!

Hello everyone, I've looked into all of the properties you've mentioned in this forum, and the best fly and buy program (Or at least the one that will refund me the most amount of money) is the new Quijote Club.

I've been to Honduras, including cities like La Ceiba, Trujillo, Tela, San Pedro Sula, and of course the islands, but I'd like to go and see the developments themselves (Besides, free vacation at the same time).

Thinking about what the rules and restrictions at developments are as well, if there are no rules wouldn't that end up being like an anarchic estate?

But if you pay $240,000 for a beach house and some idiot with a security shirt on keeps coming to your house and telling you:
No fire on the beach
No cooking on the beach
No driving on the beach
Golf carts only- then you gotta buy a stinkin golf cart that gets stuck on sand
No moring your boat on beac
Swim area only
No hanging your towels on the railing to dry
No music past 10 pm
No lights on after 11 - light pollution
No parties with hot Honduran chicks in development
No burning paper and cardboard in yard
No walking around drunk
No noise near the quiet pool
And worst of all your HOA fees are going up again this year because those old farts on the development committee want to redo the curbing on the street and there is nothing you can do about it so you put the place up for sale.  You want out because there is less rules in prison.  And there is nothing you can do because there is a wall around you with armed guards.

Hahahaha I doubt it is like that, I've stayed at Palma Real in Honduras and it seems a bit layed back (even though it is one of the strictest). I think the best you can do is talk to current owners of the place where you want to buy if possible. But all in all, no rules at all and overly strict are both bad, there has to be a balance.

:cool:  La Ceiba is cool for its relaxed atmosphere

Hahaha! I totally agree with you Richard! Near La Ceiba is the best place to live from my perspective. I also have never had to worry about anyone telling me to "keep the noise down".

Justin: I'll let you know when I head down next week, I'll go take a look at places to see where I can have a nice getaway. Maybe invite some nice girls and throw a party after I buy, you know, before I get too old.

Have fun and do a reality check when on your visit. A few paid posters on this site... Others wanting neighbors and a few that want nothing more than relaxing.

Cheers for opportunities in Honduras.

do not forget to look at east of La Ceiba, got some nice beachfront and second row lot at great price, energy and water already on, close to Hotel Canadian and Villa Helens Hotel.  Ocean water is calmer, cleaner, lots of tourist atractions, restaurants, expats, and daily trips to cayos cochinos, it is the place where everybody goes on the weekends.

I can understand your comment about wanting to go to Honduras but I wonder if this eco development thing worked out for some expats