Organize an Expat blog meet-up!

Hi all,

Should you want to organize a gathering with the other members, in your town, we would be pleased to help :).

It is indeed a great way to meet new people, isn't it?

If you would like to plan a get-together, do not hesitate to contact me, or post a message on this thread: we will do our best to inform the other members in your town and to make your meet-up a success!

Have a nice day,

Julien

hi and thanks alot
i live in Gaziantep but not many of the expats lives there and it will take so much time to find one here can you help me plz
thanks again  :)

It would be great! Thanks :)

İ am not english but french/turkish, i would like to participate.

i can also meet the fellow expats

Hello everybody,

In order to organise this meet-up, we need everybody to participate. :)
So it seems that all of you wish to join and organise this gathering, so why not trying to suggest something like the date, time or the location?

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Anybody in ankara ? If so lets meet up yo..
:) tunali starbucks

Guys, I heard from someone yesterday that there is an expat meetup that happens in Pendik. If I get any more information I will pass along.

But I think it's a great idea to organise one from Expat.com. As long as the numerous Turkish men that think this is a dating site do not attend.

As long as its for expats :) i'm in

without any doubt we all need a meeting like this, and it should be with a serious concept of sharing information to all other expats, jobs, discovering the city, useful tips, and for sure to spend some good time of fun :)
I'm totally in and lets decide date, place, and the coordinators

Good idea. I would like it very much!
Main issue I believe will be the organization of it.

lets meet up close to city so that everyone  can come and join. taksim and beyoglu district would be very nice.

Waiting more information about this gathering :)
Date ? Time  :cool:
Make it more current in next days

I'm up for something like this. Went out with my roommate a few times but missed 90% of the conversation. Still need some time before I can follow Turkish.

I'm new to Istanbul so I'm afraid I can't suggest much. But if anyone organizes something I'll keep a look out. Would be great to meet some new people.

how about after Ramadan we have the Eid holidays so we can meet on Saturday 2nd or Sunday 3rd of August ??
Lets agree on the date and location will be next

Good suggestion, but I would say the end of the month of July when we have the public holiday. I work Sundays so that wouldn't be good for me.

My idea: people make suggestions as far as time of day - an after work drinks would be nice for example. And suggest a location. The Asian side is where most people live and may have a more relaxing atmosphere, if we are having a daytime meet, but for after work maybe we can stay on the European side. Let's get the ball rolling with suggestions!

Hi all,

We have decided to make a plan for a meeting. Please see the thread here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 29#2025336

any meeting in these days?

hi

i am new to bursa and would like to hear from anyone else here that is in bursa.
i do not know my way around yet so can not suggest anywhere to meet but anyone in bursa let contact me and we can start talking

thanks

mary

Hı ev1
ı am ın ıstanbul rıght now and looks lıke ıts gettıng colder evday let wormıng up wıth some coffees!
ıts a ınterstıng ıdea to organıze a meet-up hear.ev expat guys can partıcıpate
ıf any one would lıke to , reply here or pm each other and let us know! good tımes

Hi Julien,

I'm a new member and I've just read your post. I would be very much interested in organising an event in Izmir. The details of the place as follows:

Drunken Duck
Kıbrıs Şehitleri Caddesi 1482 sokak No: 15 (Kıbrıs Şehitleri Cad.), 35220 Alsancak, Turkey

Afterwards we can go to Kaos Cafe & Bar for a Karaoke which is opposite of the Drunken Duck. Not quite sure how many days notice I should give to you to inform the other members. If you let me know, I can decide the date and the time.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Kadir

hello dear Julien, where are you from

@ millamilla > Do note that Julien is the founder of Expat.com .

Regards,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi there

Are u still organizing some meetings or..? would be interested to hang out with u guys!

Lets have something this weekend or next week, around Taksim or Kadikoy, there are nice places and reachable for most of people I guess.

See u:)

Hi there I wanna know u is that posibble ?

Anyone interested in expat meet up in Antalya?

Sounds good to me

Anyone near Adana to have a meet-up?

For Istanbul members the best place would be in Taksim area. Depending on how many people subscribe to come we can pick up a place! First step, lets chose the date. How is 28 January  (exactly one week from today) for everyone? 6 o clock in the afternoon?

Good day,
Folks,I would really appreciate if you guys do me a favor and reschedule it. As I'll be there on 10th of FEB.
Regards,
Saam

Meet up in Lara or konyaalti would be very good on first feb or second feb ????

hi,
I've already mentioned that I can join after 9th Feb.

good idea:)

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know of expat meetups in Istanbul. I recently moved to this city but could not connect to the expat community yet... :cheers:

Thanks,

Chris

Hi everybody and hi Chris,
I also recently moved to Istanbul and I would like to meet some other expats to hang out and share impressions and experiences.
It might be good to organize a meeting.
What about drinking a coffee/beer a night next week in Besiktas? (I am working so I cannot during the day time)
If someone is in, let's try to organize  :)

Hi all, I'm not new to Turkey but am always happy to meet new expats as I met many of my friends through this site when I first arrived. Who would like to meet one night next week? We can meet for a drink or food somewhere central...

Hello ,
Somewhere central means Taksim I guess:) But better idea is to meet in Nisantasi, where you  can find good places for coffee, beer or music & dance (for ex: Salsa nights every thursday). So, what about Nisantasi ?

Nisantasi is ok for me too. If you are interested in coming then write on this thread and we'll check how many people are coming. Tuesday or Thursday is OK for me.

26.03.2015 on Thursday is +OK .

Hey guys

i have been working here for almost 1 year and i will stay in istanbul for the next 8 months and i would like to meet a new friends :) at thursday night  26.03.2015 will be ok for me

hope to meet you soon

cheers,