I'm looking for partners / investors for an eco-resort project

Hello,

I'll travel to Indonesia soon for touristic and cultural purposes, and with the goal to create an eco-resort there as well.

So I'm looking for business partners who matches at least these criterias :

- Sensitive to eco-friendly solutions and organic food.
- Motivated, Serious, Involved and results-oriented
- With the spirit of initiative
- Own several tens of thousands of euros or gbp
- Ideally, and Indonesian national for his mastery of Bahasa and to be the major partner (51% of shares) in the PT-PMA in the touristic field.

Don't hesitate to contact me in private message to have more information about this project.

Regards,

Bastien

So you want someone who has unlimited funds to invest with you.  :whistle:

And what are you going to contribute to the partnership.  :unsure

I think you really need to offer a bit more information on the forum so that a potential investor can make an informed choice as to whether they will invest money in your scheme.

One thing that really gets me, why would a man look for a major investor on a forum?
We're talking megamillions to get a project of this nature funded, so anyone with cash isn't going to go with some French dude who isn't even here yet, and doesn't have the cash to rent his own place (He's after a room in a villa in another post).
Just another pipe dream.

Can't wait for his reply.....

You've misunderstood. I never said I want someone to invest unlimited funds

I also have money to invest, and I would like someone who can invest the same amount, Ideally Indonesian so that he/she can be the owner of the 51% of the shares.

Before talking about money, the most important thing for me is to find someone who believes in this kind of project and especially in eco-friendly solutions.

I'm not talking about megamillions, the project can be a success with way less money. Start small and see big

@mas fred thanks for your rudeness but you don't know me at all, neither what exactly is my project and how much money I have. If you're not just interested so don't answer and stop being such a negative person

Bastochee wrote:

You've misunderstood.

I'm not talking about megamillions, the project can be a success with way less money. Start small and see big

Bastochee wrote:

No, you've misunderstood.
The local cash is Rupiah,, trading around 15,000 to 1 Euro.
10,000 X 15,000 = Rp150,000,000, about enough for 1/6 of a football pitch in 2011 (and land prices have shot up since then).

Megamillions.

By the way, reality isn't rude, just reality.

Really? the local money is Rupiah ?

And btw, do you know exactly WHERE I would like to build before talking ?

Bastochee wrote:

Hello,

I'll travel to Indonesia soon for touristic and cultural purposes, and with the goal to create an eco-resort there as well.

So I'm looking for business partners who matches at least these criterias :

- Sensitive to eco-friendly solutions and organic food.
- Motivated, Serious, Involved and results-oriented
- With the spirit of initiative
- Ideally, and Indonesian national for his mastery of Bahasa and to be the major partner (51% of shares) in the PT-PMA in the touristic field.

Don't hesitate to contact me in private message to have more information about this project.

Regards,

Bastien

What is now an "eco-resort" ?
Where is the location ?
What means several thousands of Euros ?
What is your portion of investment if any ?
What for a PMA if majority will be controlled by Indonesian ?

Hi Bastien,

Generally speaking, Indonesian partners in foreign investment PMA and PT companies are not money investors in that company, and their ownership is generally very limited.  The role of the Indonesian partner is more along the lines of a facilitator in getting the project built, staffed and operational.  Moreover, that partner absolutely needs to be located in the area where your business is going to be operating.  This is crucial as they will know the local village heads, licensing staff, police, local customs, etc., etc. 

The fact that you're planning on coming over to Indonesia soon to explore your business idea is a good thing, and that will provide you with a great deal of insight as to what is involved in setting up a business here in Indonesia.  During your stay you can meet other expats who have set up their businesses here and form your own network of reliable and experienced folks who can guide you. 

As others have already noted, this public forum is not a good place to discuss business ideas because of the proprietary nature of business. 

Good luck with your plans and ideas, but please be patient and very careful.

i dont think you can roll out this project with less that usd 5mio in preparation, this eco tourism thing has been done before, but revenue wise... I have never seen anything worth investing in :) Indonesian is not so much into eco tourism, you have to expand your business model, perhaps partnering with international airline, overseas travel agents... if you are targeting the locals as your market (which is 99percent of all foreign investment target market) i wouldnt say that it will sustain you the revenue to maintain your opex.

maybe think about the 220million of our growing population and throw something to sell at them, they'll buy as long as its consumeable product at C or D market price segment

I think I have to agree with kardus that we Indonesian don't really go to eco-tourism. But just give it a go :):thanks:

try coffee shop, much better these days...I have a piece of small land in gayo highland that produce arabica coffee

I'm interested to joint for you, my email : ***
Thanks

Regards
Budi

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I will try your challenge. Meet me if you already in Indonesia. I live in Depok West Java but near to Jakarta. You can stay at my home if you want, I had 3 vacant rooms, just pay for your meals and buy me gas for my car to take you to interesting places. Thank you for your attention.