Financial Exemptions for Fiancée Permit?

Hi all.
I'm a Kenyan with a Norwegian boyfriend. We want to apply for a fiancée permit but my boyfriend only made NOK 241 177 in the year 2014 (the required amount for 2014 is NOK 251 856). Are there any exemptions to the amount of money he has to make or do we have to wait until he is above the required amount?

Thanks in advance.

TMilimo wrote:

Hi all.
I'm a Kenyan with a Norwegian boyfriend. We want to apply for a fiancée permit but my boyfriend only made NOK 241 177 in the year 2014 (the required amount for 2014 is NOK 251 856). Are there any exemptions to the amount of money he has to make or do we have to wait until he is above the required amount?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there!

I'm South African, and my fiance stayed with me for a couple of months late 2013, and didn't end up making the required amount for 2014 either.. Because of this, our visa was not approved. We've now applied for an appeal, which takes another 6 months.

Since you already know that he did not make enough, just state clearly why he did not make the amount; that he was on holiday visiting you for a while, or that he was out of work due to illness or whatever the case might be. They would then need his payslips showing how much he makes a month, to prove that if he was working for the whole year, that he would have made the target.. We also had to include a letter explaining your situation and why he didn't make the amount..

So with your application, add all the normal paperwork, and the extra letter and payslips. I've also heard some people adding some pics of them together through the years.. so maybe do that too (I found out too late about this, but it's not compulsory).

Hope this helps a bit!

Thanks Willow!

Another question: does he need to be employed full time? He's a freelance television editor and he works on a project to project basis. Last year he worked 9 months March - November simply because there wasn't any work in Jan, Feb & Dec.
If he meets the required amount in 2015 will the fact that he's not employed full time be a disadvantage for us?

TMilimo wrote:

Thanks Willow!

Another question: does he need to be employed full time? He's a freelance television editor and he works on a project to project basis. Last year he worked 9 months March - November simply because there wasn't any work in Jan, Feb & Dec.
If he meets the required amount in 2015 will the fact that he's not employed full time be a disadvantage for us?

As far as I know,  he has to be employed full time. The government wants to know / be certain that he can take care of you in case you don't find employment yourself..

Dear TMilimo,  your fiance must have fulltime job atleast for last four years ... my visa for fiance permit has been rejected because my boyfriend's fulltime work was less than four years

Hi,, the waiting times are crazy,, we have waited for 9months now for spouse visa,, if i would advise someone ,, apply for a student visa,, it will take less time,,,, when you get there,  get married and apply for spouse visa, all the best

Thanks for your input guys.

I just found this on the UDI website:
"Documentation of the requirement for four years full time work or studies (the four year requirement)
You only need to meet this requirement if:
- you married after the reference person came to Norway, and
- the reference person is not a Norwegian citizen, and came to Norway as a resettlement refugee, an asylum seeker, through family immigration, or was given a residence permit on the grounds of strong humanitarian considerations or a particular connection to Norway

My boyfriend is Norwegian. Therefore are we exempt from the 4 year requirement?

TMilimo wrote:

I just found this on the UDI website:
"Documentation of the requirement for four years full time work or studies (the four year requirement)
You only need to meet this requirement if:
- you married after the reference person came to Norway, and
- the reference person is not a Norwegian citizen, and came to Norway as a resettlement refugee, an asylum seeker, through family immigration, or was given a residence permit on the grounds of strong humanitarian considerations or a particular connection to Norway

My boyfriend is Norwegian. Therefore are we exempt from the 4 year requirement?

I asked my fiance too, & he didn't know about the 4year rule, & we did our research.. So maybe it's for Non-Norwegians..

I'd suggest getting him to call UDI & have all the questions ready. There's always a huge line but you can get them to call you back!

Hi everyone, i need help. I am a danish citizen and filipina citizen, 24 y.o. I have a filipino fiancé. I haven't started working in norway yet. I lived in norway 1991-1998 and moved to philippines. This august 25 2015 i am going to norway to start working and live there for good. Now, i want my fiancé to follow me to norway once i started my work on august. I heard it requires 3 payslips so i can sponsor him. Is it true? I hope not because i want him to follow me on september and have our wedding. I am aware of the nok 251856 requirement but isn't it allowed if i just started work and sponsor him immediately? And my parents rent a house and i am renting a single room of my parents house, is it considered for the housing requirement?
In case there is a possibility of denied for fiancé permit then we both decided to get him a tourist visa, my filipino fiancé is a seaman graduate but also recently finished a housekeeping course at tesda i think it is a vocational course in philippines. He has a certificate of finishing housekeeping at tesda. He is currently a seaman. Not yet working in hotels.

Is it okay if he will apply for a tourist visa to norway and will his housekeeping study be considered as a skilled worker? I have a friend in norway who can recommend my fiancé  to work at the hotel of my friend. My friend has also housekeeping job too.