Urgent Help ~divorce in Egypt!

Hello ~ everyone here
Before i saw many stories here abt foreigner ladies marry with Egyptian men .but when i learned the same bad things happened on the plp beside me i feel very shocked and sad !
My chinese friend she married with Egyptian almost 10 years now and they have one girl 4 years (china nationality)
Before they met in China and do business together ,they earned lots of money and bought two houses and two shops in China on their two persons names .(cuz according to our law ,if write 2 persons names you cant sell it if one not agree)
but after their business not good so they moved back to Cairo and the Egyptian man persuaded her to sell one house (you know these days china house in good city very expensive almost one flat around 3 Million )and the money already in their HK company bank account.
After they moved back to Cairo,they are nothing to do ,the chinese lady just take care of baby till now she cant speak Arabic and she not muslim,but they also married in China and also registered in Egypt !
As time goes by ,there r many problems happened .eg for baby education and life affairs。。。the Egyptian man always stay in home seems no have friends...and also gradually get sexuality problem...you know if man has that problem he will be more sensitive and inferiority.He began to beat her just for small affairs!!!
Last year the egyptian man suddenly transferred all money from company bank account to his private bank account!and asked her to sell another house in China!
At that time she felt something different. usually we chinese ladies after married especially had baby most of them loyal to their husbands and family and share everything with husband including all fortune.
Several days ago she msg me and told me she was stayed in hotel in Zamelek cuz her husband beat her again and she cant stand it more ! i went to her and companied with her.we consulted lawyer and if she want get her baby ,so must go to court ,and it takes 3-4 years !!! and if she run now she has nothing! and they married and registered in China ,her husband never agree go to china divorce with her! when i saw the wound in her arms i feel cry !How the egyptian man treat foreigner wife like this ?! cuz he think she no have family here to support her !
After we comforted her ,we sent her home,yesterday after her husband back ,he took her passport and noticed her already restricted her leave out of Egypt ! is that true?? i heard this law already abolished!
Here Egypt culture and law very hard to us ,so now she dont know how to do ,for herself ,she only want divorce and take baby cuz she is Mom!
English is not my mother tongue,i hope you guys can understand what i post here.and also hope someone can give kind and useful suggestion !
Thanks
Joy

This is nice for you to offer your advice. I do want to respond to the point you made that 'it is not true" referring to Egyptian men. I'm sorry but IT IS TRUE. And we need Egyptian men to face what they do to others and change this. I am very afraid to come to Egypt, to make eye contact by accident, to give a smile by accident if I am happy and happen to look toward a man, to wear "wrong" clothing by mistake and also to take a taxi. I just traveled to Peru alone. I spent 5 weeks there and it was wonderful. I wasn't afraid of men and met many. I love to travel and to have new experiences but I am afraid of Egyptian men from many many many womens' experiences LIKE THIS ONE WE ARE READING ABOUT AND IS TRUE.

Thanks again for you care to respond, but the lawyer will bankrupt her as we know too. THIS IS TRUE and has happened and continues to happen. This woman needs a safe place for her and her child. She needs someone to take her under their protection AND TO KEEP HER DANGEROUS HUSBAND AWAY. This is first what she needs ....basic survival help ...and maybe even to get back to her country....then to work out the legal matters and protecting what wealth she has left. Because as is happening this man will take everything he can and leave her with nothing because he has no caring ability not even for his child. Some one please help this woman get safe, then back to her country, then to deal with the situation. Thanks God the child has Chinese citizenship and there is still one house in China. Please let us know how everything is going.

okay thank you, it is Joy-Shi who posted for her friend in trouble who would know how to contact her. I am also outside Egypt.

thank you for your guys reply~
Now the problem is her husband took away her passport ,we asked lawyers someone say its not big deal ,this chinese lady   also can leave Egypt,someone say she cant leave except her husband agree !
we feel confused who is right?

She can leave if she wants to and the child is young so any court will give her custody of the child.

I live in Egypt, very few men here are good, sadly. Most of the time I am scared of them.

She is not Musline ,some lawyer said if take the legal way to go to cout maybe it takes 3-4 years!!!

sorry for your friend lost, they best way is to go to her embassy and get assistance, or find a sneaky lawyer who plays with the egg & stone , there are many of them can make the solve so easier.... and about Egyptian man, you all shot the truth from from different sides, but unfortunately you are talking about the irregular cases of the Egyptian men who you meet in an irregular places or situation, these category you are about is either stalkers or frags or hunters....but at normal life bases believe me there are men more pure and more innocent and caring and responsible more than any men ever you met all .

Is that why so many women are afraid? Like ALL the women so far in this conversation? Is that why so many women are assaulted in Egypt even when dressed "properly"? Is that why so many women are afraid to make a "wrong" move? And be unexpectedly "punished" or assaulted? I'm sure there are some good people in Egypt but not enough so women can live normal. Stop defending Egypt's men. They need to change. Do you understand anything from this conversation and what so many women are going through that they don't go through in their country? There is a problem with the country, the values and the laws that do not protect women and permit men to be violent against women and children. And even violent against their own children. I wanted to come to Egypt but after a short period listening to expats here I will not. Imagine this is only the expats what terror Egyptian women must be going through.

And I believe many Egyptian men are in denial. Well wake up and listen to the stories here. But I think Egyptian men have a hatred for truth too. At least many of them (notice I did not say ALL).

Expats have their different purposes come to Egypt , for me , if just wanna study Arabic  and live a few years it's not bad choice, cuz just feel different life experiences! If foreigner ladies wanna have romantics here just be careful , I don't wanna say Egyptian men bad  cuz when I come many plp help me out of their kindness,even just ask the way on the road(of course I also had bad experiences before!!) I think one of important reason is we come from different culture background !We r adult , knowing one person inner heart and real purposes I think it's not hard just take several days even see them one time even talk one time! I feel confuse why many foreigner ladies lost here ,I also heard one story one British lady abt 50 years old fall in love with one Egyptian boat man abt 25 years old ,ok ,love is fair not care abt age!but crazy the old lady gave him her bank cards and later the boat  man took all money run away!!!

Are you worried about your friend? Is she in danger? Or not? I thought you needed urgent help for your friend. And now you are talking about living in Egypt to have life experience and to be careful if you want romantics? What?

Sure I wanna get some useful infos from here if possible,and also we looking for honest lawyer for her !
I talked abt this just wanna say Egypt is a place for visit but not suitable for have romantics here , that's it for my own opinion.
btw I am not judge man good or not good,cuz useless,I wanna get answer from my friend case .eg Her husband took her passport , in Egypt law she can leave or not? till now , no one knows this

If your friend is suffering from domestic violence and her husband has taken her passport, then the ONLY people that can help her are at the Embassy. She can go there and obtain an emergency passport for her and for her child.

The husband took the passport because he knows that with it there is little to stop her from taking her child back to China where both will be safe.

If she is able to take the child with her to the Embassy then that is even better because the Embassy staff may even be able to arrange a safehouse for them until it is possible to arrange for them both to leave the country. She should go to the Embassy as soon as possible.

Regarding a divorce, while I am not familiar with Chinese matrimonial law there is probably a provision for your friend to obtain an "ex parte" divorce. She would file for divorce and the husband would be served with a copy of the divorce petition, from that point he would have the option of returning to China and oppose the divorce or doing nothing, in which case the divorce would proceed without him. There is absolutely no way that he can prevent your friend from obtaining a divorce in her own country.

Tell her to take her child, get to the Embassy and go home as soon as possible. She can file for the divorce later, after she has had the chance to consult with a lawyer in China who will give her all the necessary information. You friend SHOULD NOT believe anything she is being told about Egypt and what her rights are, or she can or cannot do, most of that is just in order to frighten her so that she won't do anything, and most of the information is coming from men. SHE SHOULD ONLY BELIEVE WHAT THE EMBASSY STAFF WILL TELL HER.

Cheers,
James          Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank u James .i show ur post to my friend now. thanks.

I am so sad to hear this story.
I would advise her to go immediately to her Embassy and tell them of her situation. The sooner she acts the better as her situation could get worse. Do not trust lawyers that embassies recommend as they are not always trustworthy. A friend of mind found this out after the British Embassy recommended one to her. I know a good lawyer if she needs one. Contact me by personal message if you want more details.

James wrote:

If your friend is suffering from domestic violence and her husband has taken her passport, then the ONLY people that can help her are at the Embassy. She can go there and obtain an emergency passport for her and for her child.

The husband took the passport because he knows that with it there is little to stop her from taking her child back to China where both will be safe.

If she is able to take the child with her to the Embassy then that is even better because the Embassy staff may even be able to arrange a safehouse for them until it is possible to arrange for them both to leave the country. She should go to the Embassy as soon as possible.

Regarding a divorce, while I am not familiar with Chinese matrimonial law there is probably a provision for your friend to obtain an "ex parte" divorce. She would file for divorce and the husband would be served with a copy of the divorce petition, from that point he would have the option of returning to China and oppose the divorce or doing nothing, in which case the divorce would proceed without him. There is absolutely no way that he can prevent your friend from obtaining a divorce in her own country.

Tell her to take her child, get to the Embassy and go home as soon as possible. She can file for the divorce later, after she has had the chance to consult with a lawyer in China who will give her all the necessary information. You friend SHOULD NOT believe anything she is being told about Egypt and what her rights are, or she can or cannot do, most of that is just in order to frighten her so that she won't do anything, and most of the information is coming from men. SHE SHOULD ONLY BELIEVE WHAT THE EMBASSY STAFF WILL TELL HER.

Cheers,
James          Expat-blog Experts Team

this is totally right and please tell you friend to stand for her RIGHTS.

what happened to your friend Joy_ ? :|