Teacher Salary

Hi

I am looking to relocate to Kuwait for work purposes and wanted to know few more details. I know Kuwait Dinar is alot stronger than UK Pound, so therefore what is the living cost in the country. Currently I am in Jeddah and everything is very cheap.

I wanted to know how much a teacher salary should be in Kuwait. I have taught in England and Saudi Arabia and have total of 5 years experience.

I would also like to know how easy is to lease a car in Kuwait and how much it would cost. I know prices vary from make and model but I was looking at like used and approved SUV.

How much does a membership at a GYM cost

1) numbeo.com for any comparison of living costs between countries

2) depends on where you work, what you teach, etc.

3) depends on the gym you want; go search Google for gyms in Kuwait and get an idea of the average. it can range anything from 30KD per year to 30KD per month depending on which gym it is and what u are looking for.

I teach science and been offered a job. I have tried to negotiate the salary but they not willing to budge on this.

How much they are offering

850KWD plus accommodation and pick up and drop off from home to school and back

If they provide housing allowance then it is okay salary. But if you see previous post western teacher gets more. Just wait , hope you will get some more advise from other members who belongs to same profession.

salary depends on experience and school, there is no salary scale which says all teachers SHOULD get paid this, so if anyone says "you should get XYZ" file it under consideration, look for other teachers at said school and try to gauge how much they make, i believe there are teacher specific forums etc. where y'all mingle and find opportunities across the globe.

what you have been offered is the standard package. unless you are bringing more to the table, in terms of educational qualifications/ years of experience, consider it the best you will get as an outsider. once here, you can always shift for the next school year to another school, where you will simply transfer your residency. it does cost a company certain money to make residency from scratch, therefore expect to make more at your second job once you transfer that residency.

starting from 800 up to 1200