New members of the Jordan forum, introduce yourself here

hi and welcome to your second country,

you are a brother and its very nice to meet you and know each other better

ali

Hi.My name is Mahmoud. I am a expat from Canada. I have been in amman for about a month now and looking to get a social network going.  Thus far I just started a new job and haven't had time to meet new people.  I was born in amman but moved to Toronto  when I was young. I'm back now to get a better command of arabic. If you have guys find your self free, message me and wecan get a group together and maybe go to cafe or something.  thanks

Welcome on board  :cheers:

It is not necessary to post several times the same topic.
I hope you'll get friends very soon to hang out with.

Welcome on board  :cheers:

What language do you want to exchange and what do you have to offer?
You can place your offer in the classifieds which is the only appropriate place,

By participating on several forum, the members will get to know you better and before you know you'll will have lots of friends.

Hey!! I will be studying arabic in Amman this coming summer for about 10 weeks starting at the end of May and Im looking for an affordable one bedroom or studio apartment :) Im super excited and just want to get a head start on my housing, and Im also still looking for a good language school in Amman for me while I'm there :D Thanks so much!!

Michelle

you are welcomed on board  ;)
maybe someone lives in Amman can help you...

Hi Michelle,
In my personal Opinion,Institute Francais is a Good school fto learn Arabic 9asi learn arabic there ) and also French.
and Regarding The Accomodation,you can try to browse on gweet.com or..i can pass you the number of Gweet CEO (which is a friend of mine)

Thanx

Thank you so much for your help!! i will try and take a look on the website you recommended :) Have a great day take care!

Michelle

Hello!
Me and my wife are moving in two weeks to Jordan, Amman to volunteer for six months. Would like to meet other expats and spend some good time. We're both in our mid 20s and are going to volunteer in a refugee camp. We don't speak arabic (hopefully yet!), but we're fluent in English.

Cheers!

Welcome to Jordan, hop to spend a wonderful time. ... in which area is the camp? In the north?

in Amman, yeah.

Hello. I am Dr.Obi- Nigerian (working in Saudia) and currently on vacation in Amman. I feel we (my wife and I) are missing out on the warm social side of this lovely city.
We are sub 30 years old..As at last check.
Family friends will be most appreciated. Hope this forum delivers...

Good morning! I'm Tanya from the USA and a politics/IR student in my final semester at uni. I'm also a few months from earning a TEFL certificate. I would love to teach English in the Middle East.
In 2015 I will be visiting Jordan and Egypt. :-)

Hello. Salam alikum! I'm from the USA and married to a Jordanian near Zarqa. I'm looking for other mom friends with small children.

I am also interested in volunteering at refugee camps. I would love some information. :)

Hi All ,
even it's been late to define myself , But I have to ....
I'm Saad ,26, Palestinian lived in Palestine and visited Jordan and had a long stay also there , Now am working in KSA . it's my pleasure to meet up people and make friendships with you guys :)
I'm also interested to help  people who's moving to Jordan .

Thanks

Hi guys,

My name is Camille.

I am French and I am coming to Amman in January 2015 for at least 6 months.
I will be doing an internship in an NGO as part of my studies.

I am starting to look around for accomodation (I have been advised Weibdeh) and assessing the costs of living.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any advice or remember being in the same situation as me not so long ago :)

Thanks!

welcome on board...

Webdeh is very good and calm, but it is not far from your internship place?

It is
But I dont think my internship's location is a nice place to live :s

welcome aboard

It is
But I dont think my internship's location is a nice place to live :s

do you know where is the location of your internship? in which area in Amman?

Hello everyone.

Im vhangie resurreccion 36 my age..
Im working here 7years in jordan..
I am separated i have 5kids :) ....
I want to know what is a jordan forum???
Thank you very much.....

I want to know what is a jordan forum???

i dont understand your question....can you explain?

Hello all,

My name is Faten and I am Jordanian/American living in California. I visit every summer and when life schedule permits I go one more trip before that. I might be visiting sometime after Mid February, 2015. I am a quilter here and when i visit Jordan I feel so lonely sewing by myself and looking for fellow quilters in Amman. I love to meet, sew, socialize.

I can be reached @ [email protected].

Hope to get in touch with some quilters before I go so we can plan on meeting there.

Thanks

Faten

Welcome in board.... and welcome to your land Jordan

Hi heather. How is your experience so far?moving there next month and don't know anyone beside my husbands family. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi vhangie,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

To answer your question, the Jordan forum is the space we have created here on Expat.com to allow all the members  who are currently expats in Jordan or those who are considering being an expat in Jordan to meet, share useful information about life in Jordan and also to help each other.

You can browse through the different discussions found in the Jordan forum and even start a new discussion about any topic which interests you or if you have any specific questions; all pertaining to the expatriation experience of course ;)

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Thank you so much.
My name is Fathy. I am a languages teacher. I have just come from South America Where I also had taught English.
I am looking for a job to teach English and Spanish. I hope I will get it soon.

hello guys :D i am fuad i arrived to jordan amman almost a week ago and i'm planning to stay here for awhile ( 3 to 12 months ) im a tv & radio presenter also a singer song writer and id love to make new friends in amman ...and i love movies :D dunno what else to say to be honest im new to this :D thank u :D

hi I hope all is okay I just need a favour +254713117679 is my whatsapp please contact me coz I really need friends so I can learn more about Jordan coz am soon coming there

Welcome new members..have a great stay in Snowy Amman :)

be safe,stay warm,and do not drive in this Glacier road :)

I really need to know more about Jordan people and life style and culture

Hi everybody i hope every 1 in this site enjoying in Jordan.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437612

Thanks!

Closed