New members of the Bulgaria forum, introduce yourself here

Hello !
I am Amna from Pakistan.I am moving to Sofia within 2 months hopefully.But people around me have many issues regarding Bulgaria.They say that human trafficking is very common there.Is that true?Will I be safe?
please help me! I am really worried :/
Have a good day!

Hello, 

I'm Paul from Netherlands.  Now already 1 year since I live with my wife  permanent in Varna.
I like here very much. And it will be great to met some nice people here.

Best wishes,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Paul

Hi there!
I'm a Danish man, have worked and lived in several countries, as a Super visor, Field agent, Tecnician and other interesting jobs in the Wind turbine industry.
I wish to start a new life in Bulgaria, where I will buy and renew houses and travel my ass off whenever I want to, and hopefully meet a bunch of great people, I'm not shy just a bit privat, so no pictures only in PM! :) I will go to Varna in near future, because I heard there is many there who can speak English, German and Danish and they have Gyms with my requirements, thx for your attention and I wish you all a great new year Best regards the Viking :)

You got nothing to worry about, highly doubt it you will be in that type of environment. Yes there is human trafficking, prostitution and such but that's only if you are around that type of lifestyle.

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here. I have become obsessed with Bulgaria Idk why but its all I think about lately. I am so depressed and tired of my life most days I dont get out of bed and I rarely even leave the house anymore. The only time I even leave my house is to buy groceries. I love my gf but I have to break it off.I cannot continue. I have a few weeks of work I need to fnish up and then I will go.

I plan to move to Veliko Tarnovo and buy a house there. I am also interested in getting a place near a ski resourt and sunny beach area but those are seasonal and would be 2ndary places. I hope I can meet people in VT and make friends and meet lots of hot girls. As many as possible.

Apal

Thx for your answer Kris, naa im not into prostitution, and i wont stay in Varna for long, just believe thèthere is all i need in the everyday for a start until i buy houses somewhere else :)

I've got holiday home in sunny beach,now I'm thinking of moving there in February

Hi I wish you well I have been holidaying in Bulgaria for 8 yrs now I'm planning to move ther in February I don't have any work sorted yet, but hopefully I can get hotel or sales work
Mags

Hello I am moving to sunny beach in February ,I have home there I'm wondering will I get work.

Hi I'm Margaret moving to the Black Sea in February ,have been to Bulgaria lots of times now I'm going permeantly ,im 53 yrs old single and will be looking for work were do I start

The hospitality industry will be your best bet, however keep in mind that sunny beach is a seasonal place and 5mo out of the year is a ghost town

Thank you so much I know the place very well and have some friends there I'm nervous but excited

Viking - Re: Prostitution
I think Kris was replying to someone who was moving to Sofia, who asked if there was a problem with trafficking/prostitution there.
You will love Varna (in the summer).
A bit grey, cold  and miserable in winter (like most places).

Hi Guys, I'm Iraqi living in Bulgaria for the last 8 months, any suggestion how to get work here for English speakers!

Hello!
I lived in Canada for many years, in and around Toronto and also in Fort Erie. I moved back to the UK over ten years ago and have been here in Bulgaria for nearly two years! We don't live so close to Sofia, we are nearer to Ruse, but if we can be of any help please get in touch!

We don't live far from Byala but I don't know the shops in the town well, however you will find woodburners etc easy to find I'm sure - and Ruse has everything!

Hello Amna,

It is highly unlikely for you to even get close to people dealing wiht human trafficking. Do not worry about that, cos it mailny affects young gypsy girls / possible prostitutes. No normally looking person will ever have this problem, unless deliberately going to this kind of environment.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437600

Thanks!

Closed