Expat in Vung Tao

Hi everyone,
Are there any expat living in Vung Tao? (I need some advise).
Thanks
Francis.

Francis13 wrote:

Hi everyone,
Are there any expat living in Vung Tao? (I need some advise).
Thanks
Francis.

I live near Vũng Tàu and I often go there.  What kind of advice do you need?

Hi. Where do u live in vietnam.what do you want to know about vung tau? So can i help u?. Travel,food,people.....?

I live in Vung Tau also

VungTauDon wrote:

I live in Vung Tau also

I never would have known that.

Hi,

I should start a new job over there, that's why I am wondering what kind of things I can do during my free time :).
Any advice regarding this point?
(I have seen and heard that there are some expat groups in HCMC but never heard about Vung Tau).

Thx,
Francis

Hi everybody,

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Quite a lot of expats in Vung Tau Francis. Most European nations are represented there. For French speaking locals try Bisto 9 on the street down the right side of the Rex hotel. The owner is French and I've seen a few French speaking people there so they will be your best bet to find out what to do where to go and who to meet. Good luck with the move and welcome to VT.

Hi The Long man,

Thanks for your warm message.
I were at this restaurant yesterday but didn't know its  name. They cook different sort of pasta and it is really delicious.

Maybe we can enjoy a drink together, I am currently with 2 others french people and sometimes they go with 2 vietnamese people.

I will send you my private phone number in the case you are interested in.

Best regards,
Francis.

I've been to Bistro 9 2 times, great homemade ice cream but will not go there again. The first time was okay when I went alone, the second time I took my Vietnamese wife and she was treated poorly. I don't know what the problem was but the girl waiting the table barely even spoke to her and only after I said something did she ask what my wife wanted to order. My wife told me later that she felt like a second class person there and would never go again.

[moderated: no free ads please]

VungTauDon wrote:

I've been to Bistro 9 2 times, great homemade ice cream but will not go there again. The first time was okay when I went alone, the second time I took my Vietnamese wife and she was treated poorly. I don't know what the problem was but the girl waiting the table barely even spoke to her and only after I said something did she ask what my wife wanted to order. My wife told me later that she felt like a second class person there and would never go again.

Some girls in bars or foreign restaurants don't like a Vietnamese girl accompanied by a foreigner. Because they think they won't have any chance to get into a " relation " with that foreigner ! Not all, but there are some. And unluckily, your wife did meet that kind of girl !  :mad:

Ohh i love bistro! Specially their profiterroles 😋❤️ fillet mignon is better there than david's (also cheaper)

Hello! I'm new to VT but been to some places.  :)

On weekends we go at the Imperial Beach Club (back beach), you can drive around with the motorcycle without having any traffic here. VT is such a peaceful place to live and to tell you honestly i would love to migrate here. (I prefer this city than my city in Philippines) :)

For restaurants you can try Davids, Bistro Nine, Vuvuzela (imperial plaza), grand hotel and a pub at the back of grand hotel (i forgot the name) they make nice burgers.

For clubbing I recommend Gazebo, it's the most decent club you can visit here :)

Que veutx-tu savoir mon grand ?? ;)

manoelb wrote:

Que veutx-tu savoir mon grand ?? ;)

Welcome to the forum

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH only

Thank you.

Matildas is the bar behind the Grand

Hi everyone! I am Vietnamese and am living in Vung Tau. Nice to meet all of you. Hope to make many friends here.

hi,
i heard there is an expat club in Vung Tau
I am asking the info, then I will share w you. We can together make this club bigger :)
Lily

are you here, Francis? tell us what u want to do in ur free time then we will have probably advice

VungTauDon wrote:

I live in Vung Tau also

No, not really! your just kidding, come on   :D

Lucy's do an awesome mixed grill