INQUIRY ON S PASS

Thank you for the quick reply. I am actually planning to talk to the agent as soon as possible and will just withdraw all my documents. What I am worried about now is that I signed an agency contract which is needed for a seminar training for filipinos who will work abroad. Since I have not yet signed the IPA, would you know if I will be liable for breach of contract? The contract is from the singapore agency.

are u from india? I have question that I have signed offer letter from the amsterdam recruiters 2 weeks ago so how many time will take for further process .plz reply total process or time for s pass......

Yogeshaborat: You keep asking the same question over and over again - and don't even seem to read or understand the answers you got. Please stop this!
I repeat:
- No recruiter can apply for your S-Pass, only the company employing you in Singapore can. (I also have never heard of a recruiter in Amsterdam, Netherlands, giving Indians jobs in Singapore ...)
- S-Pass approval in Singapore takes anywhere between a few days and two months and there is nothing you can do to accelerate it, and nobody on this forum would know how long your case will take. Just wait and you will see!

Edited to add: It is clearly stated in staaar's post that she is not Indian, but from the Philippines. But how does this matter to you?

Hi beppi, I have a little complex situation here and need your advise. I was on EP 3.5 years ago as biz development under a company "c". After 1.5 years company "c" was downsizing and cannot afford to pay me under new EP min pay and they don't have quota for S Pass so they decided to cancelled it. Now I am working in fnb company and holding S Pass under that company for almost 2 years already.  However recently I have another company "e" that offer me higher pay and applied new S Pass for me. The application was submitted on 30 dec 2014 and after one week later the status become "Pending for vetting documents from agencies, expected outcome 2 months". Today I just checked again and the status has changed to "Pending.". However, the company "e" ever tried to applied EP for me after company "c" cancelled my EP but it was rejected due to pay level not up to MOM minimum standard for EP.

Base on the story above, do you think government will approve my new S Pass now after they submitted new application? I am bachelor degree holder from Indonesia, and they have quota as I am the only foreigner in the company of 10 staff. Please advise base on your experience and knowledge do I have chance to get my s pass approved. Thank you so much.

Since you already have an S-Pass, thus are eligible in principle, and the company has quota, I think your chances are good.

Hi beppi sir.
My friend have applied work permit in singapore for hotel or resturant job by indian agent.
Agent said that the processing time of wp is 1 month. But he commit that mom will issue the ipa letter with in 7 working days.
But now its more than 16 days finished.
Now when mom will issue ipa letter of wp.
Thank you.
Regard
Lee jhon

Lee Jhon:
I have said this many times before: No agent (and for sure not an Indian one) can apply for a work pass in Singapore - ONLY the company employing your friend can. If the agent claims he does that, they are lying - and if they take a fee for it, they are cheats!
An IPA (= In Principle Approval) letter is issued after MoM has processed and approved the work pass application. MoM can take anywhere between a few days and two months to process an application.

dear lee.apke pass se kitne rupees lie for wp ke..or aapne abhitak job offer sign kiya..plz reply

yogeshaborad wrote:

dear lee.apke pass se kitne rupees lie for wp ke..or aapne abhitak job offer sign kiya..plz reply

ENGLISH please

dear lee.how much does ur wp cost from india...or have u signed yet ur offer letter..

A WP (and any other Singapore work pass) costs the job seeker NOTHING! The fee (which is cheap anyway) and other associated costs MUST be borne by the employer - by law. Anybody who charges the job seeker for it is thus a cheat!

tnx beppi..

Just out of curiosity, I checked the Singapore work pass application fees (which are published on the MoM website):
- A Work Permit (WP) application costs S$30
- An S-Pass application costs S$60
- An Employment Pass (EP) application costs S$70
Please note that these fees are to be paid by the employing company (by law). It is not allowed to charge the job seeker anything for application and processing!

Dear sir my employer applied for e pass and he given me the application number he applied on 22/1/15 and I checked on mom website on 24/1/15 but it's showing invalid application number can u suggest me what's happening why it's showing like that

It sometimes takes a few days for the online EP system to be updated. You can call MoM and ask, if this is urgent.

Ok thank you beppi

Hi again. I just want to ask, I already declined the offer and asked the ph agent to give me back all my documents. She said she needs to forward my response to the sg sgency first and asked them how much should I be paying for the cost of my IPA. So how much is the fee to have an IPA? Should I be paying it since I have not accepted the offer?

The application fee for an EP is S$70 and must be borne by the employer (the company hiring you), as well as all associated costs (incl. agency fee). It is not allowed to charge the job seeker anything for this, by Singapore law.

Dear sir still I am trying to check my e pass status but it's showing invalid application number applied on 22/1/2015 can u suggest me why it's like that mom said that U check online only they will not give information of the status on phone.

Then you probably have an invalid application number.
Typing errors do happen - ask your employer for the correct one!

Sir i asked my employer the application number which I used to check the status is correct but still it's showing invalid I don't no why, any other reason if u can suggest

There are only two possibilities:
1. Your employer is wrong.
2. The MoM system is wrong.
If you are sure that your employer submitted the application, just wait until the results arrive.

Ok sir thank you

Hi beppi, i really have a lot of questions regarding jobs and singapore and MOM, unfortunately i have no friends that can help me.. so here is my question..
i've been working with this company 'illegally' since beginning of the year just bcs they really need manpower and they actually already applied for my s pass since december, so i thought i would receive my s pass after working 'illegally' for 2 weeks, which is not so bad.. now they told me my s pass has been approved and i already went for medical check up so they just need to submit it.. but suddenly i heard that apparently one of the employees reported them to mom (idk whats the problem) and now mom are questioning the employees.. here is the problem:
the 2 bosses have 3 companies and they hire so many foreigners for the one im working at (almost no local), and bcs of quota problem they have been replacing the employees under the other company instead. i heard a lot of companies do this also and i think this is one of the reasons mom is checking on them. they said they already fired some (including the one who reported them) bcs of this.. so their solution is theyre gonna set up a holding company (they already are i think) so later on they will move all the employees under the same company name so we will all be safe. but then, it will take few months bcs theyre shifting the employees one by one. and now they said they wont submit my form first and just wait until the new holding company is set up so they will apply for s pass under that company instead of changing after few months. they said they will probably apply in may

now.. i do not want to work illegally until may.. they just told me yest that apparently my spass has been rejected twice thats why it took so long... and also if in may mom reject my pass again, they will keep appealing also, which is good.. do you have any idea what i should do? idk if finding new company will help bcs one of my coworkers tell me that if i change company within short period, mom will consider that also and wont approve the one in new company.. but if they dont submit my form now, isnt mom gonna consider the withdrawal also in may when they apply for new one? i really dont know how mom consider all these applications.. so any advice?
sorry for a veryyy long post! (im desperate :/)

Like all illegal activities, it is a very bad idea to do illegal work in Singapore. You can only lose in your situation!
You should stop any work for this company immediately, break all contact and hope that the authorities won't find your details anywhere during their (usually very thorough) investigation. And if there are any signs that they are looking for you, you should leave Singapore at once and forever to avoid further trouble.
If the authorities investigate you, by all means be honest, open and cooperative. If you are lucky, you will only be deported with no further consequences. (If you don't cooperate, you'll be in jail!)
If they don't investigate you (and only then), you may have a chance to live and work in Singapore in the future.
Of course you could also decide to leave Singapore now and leave all this trouble behind. This is what I would do in this situation!

the problem is i already signed a 2 year contract with them, and I actually under tuition grant contract (by moe) that means i need to work under singapore companies for 3 years. unfortunately, even with this tuition grant contract its very hard for us to find jobs in Singapore and a lot of people didnt manage to find the job and leave the country, this company is like the only one that able to hire me. so actually i can't just leave the country like you said, i still need to find a job and work.. i must say that this company has a very ridiculous 2 years contract bcs if i dont manage to complete it i need to compensate them with the remaining period of the 2 years. and the company is giving me and some other teachers who are under 'the other company name' leave for few days while mom is doing the interview. also my company is working in the art/entertainment industry that usually hire freelancers, thats why i thought this kind of 'illegal' job is common in this industry. i just heard the news that one of my friends are currently in the similar situation as mine (start working with ltvp, without work pass) bcs the company is having problem with applying for her work pass..

What you did, illegal work, is neither common nor excusable under any circumstances in the eyes of the authorities. As I said, you will be dealt with very harshly if found out - with no regards for your contract, situation or obligations. And the chance of being found is quite high in my opinion!
You are welcome to ignore my advice above and see for yourself, but, I repeat, my best advice is getting out of the situation ASAP. Chances are you'll have to leave Singapore anyway.

You might want to consult a lawyer about this, too. It will cost you only a few hundred dollars, which is well invested money in your situation!

okay i get what you mean, thank you so much... this is my first job after graduation so im really confused.. i'll try to discuss with my employer first and force them to issue my pass, if they still dont want then ill stay away from them. do you have any idea though whether if i quit before they issue my pass, whether that will be breach of contract or not? i feel like all these local employers always think its not a big deal to hire foreigners to work illegally for a while. they didnt think that its a big issue for us that could probably get deported..

and also now im trying to find a new job, and one company just replied me.. if i manage to go through and this company wants to offer me the job, do you think it will be hard for me to get s pass with the new company? i read from your other posts that mom doesnt like job-hoppers, but if its the company that has problem, its not my fault right? (i know the mom wont know that)

i found this on mom website:
Q: As a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holder, am I allowed to work in Singapore?   
A:Yes, you can work in Singapore. Find out more about the employment of Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holders.

- See more at: http://ifaq.mom.gov.sg/AskMOM/CustomerP … RcPkZ.dpuf

does this mean i can actually work legally without waiting for the s pass?

confusedasalways wrote:

do you have any idea though whether if i quit before they issue my pass, whether that will be breach of contract or not?

Since the contract is conditional on you getting a work pass, there is no valid contract without it, I would think. But please consult a lawyer about this!

confusedasalways wrote:

they didnt think that its a big issue for us that could probably get deported.

Believe me: An employer of illegal workers will be dealt with even harder than you - in addition to a hefty fine (and maybe jail term for those responsible), they will most probably never be allowed to employ foreigners again.

confusedasalways wrote:

i found this on mom website:
Q: As a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holder, am I allowed to work in Singapore?   
A:Yes, you can work in Singapore. Find out more about the employment of Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holders.

This applies to an LTVP+, which allows you to get an LoC for work with a certain employer.

I apply s-pass but it was rejected nd i  apply for appeal on 26jan 2015 .. But no any response ... Plzz tell me how much time appeal of spass

From my own experience, i think it took 3-4 weeks for appeal

Hi sir.. I just want to make inquiry about the processing of my s-pass @ mom. I was diagnose to have an active tuberculosis and undergo medication since Feb.1,2015. So i waited until Feb.16, 2015 for my follow-up check-up and final status of my medical result. Luckilly, the Doctor issued me a certificate stating that im now FIT-TO-WORK and just have to continue my medication.. I all have the necessary docs like IPA and others except for my S-Pass or ID that will issued by MOM.. My employers submitted it yesterday to MOM. Just want to know the chance that MOM will grant me this pass?

I did appeal my spass on 26 jan 2014 but no response .. Nd its a 4 th week .. Plzz tell me chances of appeal .. Mom give me a s pass or not ?? When confirm  result of spass??

hi beppi! hopefully you could help me or give me some advice on the above inquiry about my s-pass and medical result status.. In what will be the chances that ill be granted my S-pass id.. ThAnk you!

An X-Ray with check for TB scars is part of the medical check you need to go through before a work pass can be issued. People with active TB will not get the pass. So you better bring a letter from your doctor confirming that your TB is not active and you're not contagious any more.

I was issued a certification that i am no longer contagious since i undergo 2weeks treatment and based on my follow-up check up.. But still stated that i need to complete my medical treatment since i have active ptb. It was also stated in my medical form that im FIT TO WoRK.. Does it means that i need to complete my treatment before they will issue me a spass even though im fit to work?

You should ask MoM about this!
I am not medically trained and do not know MoM's rules about this in detail, sorry.