Visa: what rules?

hi to all
i'm in vietnam and i would like to meet a penpal friend in philipines
i read messy rules
normal visa is for 30 days
you can extend visa going in manila or directly paying in airport when you are leaving... BUT if you haven't exceeded the limit of 6 months

confused, i think

more: to fly to philipines you must have the ticket for return
so it's easy to calculate the visa at the landing in philipines

may be i'm missing something? :-)

finally: i like very much to chat with my penpal girlfriend
may be that meeting in person...          you know what i mean
may be that i'll fly  to hong khong the day after
may be that i'll stay there for any months
may be that.... (funny, but lucky) i'll marry in philipines

so, what can i do for the visa?
may be that i don't do nothing: i go there, and then i can follow there the best way

thank for reading me

tino

U get 30 days then u extend for 30 days.  Then after that u can extend every two months  at an immigration  centre

Yes, you are correct. Just go there and don't worry. You will probably find all you are looking for. Extending visa is not expensive and easy.....just pay !

(Moderated: no free ads please + register in the business directory)

Hi,

Airport immigration will grant you 29 days free tourist visa.
But you must have a return ticket within the 29 days (buy one that you can re-booke or cancel if you plan to stay longer) or the airline will not let you board the plane.
In manila or any immigration office, you can extend your visa for 30 days (3050php).
If you stay more than 6 months with a tourist visa and without exiting the country, you will next to process an Exit Clearance Certificate before leaving (some immigration offices will take 5 days for that).

Another way is to process your tourist visa at he consulate in Vietnam, normally, they can give you 2 months visa, and maybe 6 months (not sure if the 6 months is delivered outside the country.

In any case, avoid processing your extensions at the airport when you leave, otherwise you always have the risk to face a corrupted officer (they know you have a flight to take and don't have other solutions than the one they offer you...)

Hope that helps.

Philibert
Asia Relocation

crocodiles in the airport ? say it isnt so...

All you need is a return ticket. The return ticket could be for 6 months later time does not matter. Immigration will give you free 21 day visa on arrival. This can be extended at BI for 30 days,then 50 days and so on up to max stay of 3 years.

What are the Requirements for visiting the Philippines as a Tourist?

VISA

Most visitors do not need a Visa to enter the Philippines, and will be given a FREE stay of 30 days on entry.  Some countries are excluded from this option though, and need a Visa before they arrive.  www.in-philippines.com/who-can-enter-th … out-a-visa
If the visitor intends to stay more than 30 days, they MUST get an extension from a Bureau of Immigration Office [BoI] before that 30 days expires.

This first Extension will be given for 29 days, at a cost of 3,030 pesos (as at April 2015)

If staying longer than 59 days, then another extension is needed and an Alien Certificate of Registration [ACR-I Card]

This next extension is often done for 2 months, but can be done for 6 months at the major BoI offices.
The current price for a 1 month extension is quoted as: 4,400 pesos
The current price for a 2 month extension is quoted as: 4,900 pesos
- See: www.in-philippines.com/philippines-visi … nsion-cost
The current price for a 6 month extension is quoted as: 11,500 pesos
- See: www.in-philippines.com/6-month-tourist- … hilippines

The ACR-I card has a cost of US$50 + 500 pesos

Visas for most visitors can be extended up to a maximum of 36 months, before they MUST leave the country.

RETURN TICKET

Most airlines will not allow a traveller to board a plane to the Philippines unless they have an onward ticket to depart the Philippines.
Some people will buy a cheap one way ticket to Hong Kong, or similar, to get around the need to have an expensive return ticket back to their home country if they do not know when they will be returning.
Very rarely though do Philippine Immigration actually check if you do have a return ticket. But.. sometimes they do.

Do you know anything about the 13a visa. My probationary visa is due up in August but when I check the BI website it doesn't give any info on applying for the 13a residency visa.

You should go to the immigration right now,, then you can apply for your permanent visa, if you let it lapse,, you start all over again, You have to register in person after the new years  every year and pay 310 pesos. there is a form in the BI website for filing for permanent visa.
Al

trottier1 wrote:

You should go to the immigration right now,, then you can apply for your permanent visa, if you let it lapse,, you start all over again, You have to register in person after the new years  every year and pay 310 pesos. there is a form in the BI website for filing for permanent visa.
Al

I appreciate the advice. little too late though. I am now the proud owner of the permanent residence visa. However i was not sure about the annual check in at BI or the payment so again thanks for the advice

I wanted to come in for 25 days then go to thailand and then come back
would I need to get an extra visa for that?

You will get a 21 day visa on arrival, if you overstay the 4 days you will pay at immigration at the airport. Then when you come back after your Thailand trip you will again get another 21 day visa

samhardie wrote:

You will get a 21 day visa on arrival, if you overstay the 4 days you will pay at immigration at the airport. Then when you come back after your Thailand trip you will again get another 21 day visa

Most people get a 30 day visa free period on entry to Philippines these days

thank you

The latest rule is (as of a few months ago) that you get an automatic 30-day visa when arriving at the port of entry (usually at an airport). Also available at the airport is a 29 day extension for a fee of approximately P3,000. Make sure you ask for VISA UPON ARRIVAL before the immigration officer stamps your passport!!!

Traveler3757 wrote:

The latest rule is (as of a few months ago) that you get an automatic 30-day visa when arriving at the port of entry (usually at an airport). Also available at the airport is a 29 day extension for a fee of approximately P3,000. Make sure you ask for VISA UPON ARRIVAL before the immigration officer stamps your passport!!!

When did yu get that one, and how long did it take you to get it, and at which terminal?

I arrived 3 months ago at the Philippine Airlines terminal in Manila. I should point out that I have been going back and forth between the Philippines and the U.S. for years and until this year the old "rule" was a 21 day visa. This was the first time that I received a 30 day visa!

By the way, you receive the 30 day visa in less than 5 minutes. The 29 day "visa on arrival" takes about 30 minutes.

The change from 21 days to 30 days was August 1, 2013. 

Philippine Airlines is Terminal 2. ?

Most comments I have seen on the airport extension say it is only available at terminal 1, maybe they have extended the option now.  I may look at it next time, If I have time.

Some say they have experienced long waits for the extension.  Maybe it depends on how many queue up for it at any individual time.
If we all do that, a plane load at a time, it may get longer ;)

You will get an automatic 30 day visa upon entry to the Philippines.

New law! If your married to a Filipina or Filipino your visa is good for a year. Further wether your married to one or not you do NOT have to show or have a return ticket, you can purchase it later if you wish but round trip tickets are cheaper than one way.

TLaff wrote:

New law! If your married to a Filipina or Filipino your visa is good for a year..

Isn't that the Balikayan Visa, for immediate family members travelling with the Balikbayan?  Or is there something new now ?

TLaff wrote:

Further wether your married to one or not you do NOT have to show or have a return ticket, you can purchase it later if you wish but round trip tickets are cheaper than one way.

Have all the Airlines agreed with that ?