Baseball in brazil

Anybody out there like baseball? Being from San Francisco (CHAMPS 2010,2012,2014) I LOVE it. Unfortunately due to time zone differences and little exposure/knowledge the Paulistas are not so into it. As a Designer of bars/restaurants I know of many great places to watch games, time change willing. Many owners have told me to get some Gringoes together for them to purchase the MLB TV for their locations. Not only that, but they will give a pretty good discount on food n bev if there is a loyal bunch with reservations on pre determined nights. I have done many pretty popular places around São Paulo and have great relations to organize some good deals. If anyone is interested for making plans for the arriving 2015 season, let me know!! CHEERZ!! from Joe (S.F. native)

Sounds like a winning idea Joe, hope that you get a good response from our members in "Sampa". Perhaps if you named a few of the potential restaurant/bar locations you've scouted out that might even generate more interest still.

Just remember that Greater São Paulo is a pretty darned big area, so wherever you choose should be more or less centrally located to make it equally accessible to all who might wish to attend. Also since many of our members depend on the public transit system and/or taxis this would help keep costs down. The bus-train-subway service in São Paulo closes down around midnight, so depending on time zone differences, this would also be extremely important since many members would need to resort to taxis in order to return home following late games.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Can´t list any locations until I talk with the owners. I do a LOT of work in Vila Madelena. It all will depend on any response, to see if anyone is interested. Times and places could be chosen by the fans/team thats playing. If there are enough people, could work out a democratic schedule. It all depends on the interest.

Hi Joe,

Perhaps the São Paulo Forum's Network may help you locate other members who would possibly be interested. Follow the link below which will show a list of members that are in São Paulo.

https://www.expat.com/en/network/south- … sao-paulo/

If you contact them through the private message system, please don't send out copy and paste messages to more than 5 at a time. This will activate the Automated Anti-Spam System and lock out your mailbox.

Regarding private messages, once people are on your contact list you can send one single message to up to 20 of them at one time, but they MUST first be on your contact list. You just keep adding their names in the "Send to" field and then when you've finished your message and click SEND it generates separate conversation strings for each of them.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team