Divorce

Hi...is it possible to file divorce in UAE while I got married in the Philippines?...if it is what are the requirements and how much the cost? Though I haven't told my hubby yet but we haven't had any communication lately...

Generally speaking it is perfectly legal for a person to file for divorce in a country where they reside permanently. That said, the divorce would be granted/refused according to local law. Depending on the country you may or may not be able to file for an ex parte divorce, so you need to check local laws. While a divorce granted by one nation will generally have legal effect within that nation, it does NOT have legal effect elsewhere until registered in the (foreign) country.

It would also have no legal effect back in the Philippines since there is no divorce there. You would thus be unable to re-marry anywhere in the world since for a foreigner one must produce a Divorce Decree issued by a competent court in the country where the marriage took place.

So, essentially you would be going through all that time, expense and effort for nothing. In the Philippines you can only remarry following an annulment, which is almost impossible to obtain. That will effectively prevent you from remarrying anywhere in the world.

Cheers,
James          Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks a lot James thats a big help for me to clear up my confusions...but really my purpose of filing divorce is to get marry to a foreigner..but I guess possibility is far beyond

If i can advise i will simply ask you to go to your cosulate or embassy.  Normally any formal papers will need their endorsement.
Good luck

Where is your intended from?

its good if you consults Philippine Consulate or Embassy

Once you and your partner have decided that you would like to get divorced, then you must decide where. For a court to consider a divorce application, factors such as where you were married, where you were born, and where you now reside will be taken into consideration. If you do not want to go through the time-consuming and costly court process, then you can consider divorce lawyers for a better resolution.