New members of the Romania forum, introduce yourself here

Hi there !
My name is Claude, I am French, I am not really a newcomer to Bucharest as I have already lived here in the past, and I came back for a while in January 2014.
I would love to meet new people here, maybe help with some French :) Fun fact : I do speak Romanian !!
You can add me on mess, my id is claudius_in_ro.

See you soon !

Hello!

I am Iulia and I am romanian. The last 2 years and a half I spent them in Copenhagen, where I was a student. NOw that I graduated, I got a job in Craiova and I will move back in Romania in the mid January. I joined this forum because I am interested to know if there are any foreigners in Craiova.
Craiova it's a completly  new town for me and far from my hometown, so I am hoping that I will find some nice and interesting people here, who will help me  alleviate the transition from Copenhagen to Craiova. :D
Cheers,
Iulia

Hi ,

This is jack I am telecom engineer working in Multinational Telecom Company in Bucharest as senior Engineer .I am looking forward to meet like minded/New people.I am interested in Driving,Swimming,Gym,Hiking,Skiing,Parties & Hangouts .

Regards
Jack

I'm an American living in Pitesti. Semi-retired mechanical engineer; I still do consulting work. Enjoy the outdoors: hiking, trekking, most anything outside. Been in/out of Romania for 2 years; here now permanent.
Learning limba romana but still be nice to find engleza speakers locally.

Richard

Hi! My name is Samantha and I am the the co founder and the treatment plan coordinator for Bucharest British Dental Place. (getyoursmileback.co.uk). I was born in Cheshire and moved to Romania in 2012. I have a history of working in PR and Customer Relations for more than 10 years.
Any tips and hints where I could meet up British Expats in Bucharest?  :)

Hi! My name is Samantha and I am the the co founder and the treatment plan coordinator for Bucharest British Dental Place. I was born in Cheshire and moved to Romania in 2012. I have a history of working in PR and Customer Relations for more than 10 years.
Any tips and hints where I could meet up British Expats in Bucharest?  :)

Hi Sam, there's always someone organising meet ups in Bucharest, just keep an eye out on the main page. Unfortunately, I'm really too far from Bucharest to join in regularly (90km). But would be happy to meet up elsewhere, or when I am in Bucharest. Let me know.

Hi Samantha,
I'm American and in Pitesti...so not exactly what you are seeking ha ha. But you might try Meet Up...they have a group in Buc. I went on a hike with them a year ago in the Patria Craiului Mountains (near Bran) and there were several English folks there. Ioana Mitiu was the leader; she lives in Buc. Good luck. if you hear of any English speakers in Pitesti (where I am) let me know :)
Rich Krieger

Happy new year to all

Hi this is Pragya. My husband and I moved to Bucharest recently.
i am from Mumbai, India. I am a painter nd generally i do oil paintings on canvas.

Hi Samantha, welcome to the forum.

And a happy new year to all members!

Hi my name is Samantha, I'm 35 and have been living in Bacau for almost 3 years with my husband and two children.  My husband and I have opened a new dental practice, Bucharest British Dental Place in Bucharest and plan for the whole family to move there in the next couple of months as business is picking up.  I would like to connect and meet with other British living in Bucharest as in Bacau there are actually only 3 including me! I was hoping to make friends on here and find out the best bars, restaurants, social events etc where I might meet other British in Bucharest?

Im really excited about the move and was hoping that by making a network of friends on here it would make the move more transitional for me and my family.

I look forward to hearing from any people, single, married, with or without kids. many thanks.

Hi everyone, it is a pleasure to meet all!

My name is Homod, 23 years old, single, born in Bahrain, lived in KSA, traveled to UAE, studied in USA, interested to continue studying in Romania, marry a romanian girl, work in Romania, live in Romania, and die in Romania :)))

Hi,
I am from Turkey. I am Romania for business reason. I usually will be in Bucharest and Craiova.

Hello !

I'm Isabelle, i'm French.
Our family ; my hsbnd, my son and my daughter will leave to Romania in September 2015.

We'd like to exchange with people who are living in Bucarest.

see yous soon

Isabelle

55 yo American... thinking about retiring there... are americans safe there ?

yes, of course they are. but, in any case, must be careful and wise as you would be any place else. :)

Hi Heba,

My name is Monir, I live in Saudi Arabia and currently in Romania for work. I am interested to have a chat with ya and to know each other's interests and exchange the thoughts as we are having the same mother language . mooni999 at yahoo dot com.

Hope to hear from ya soon.

sheers,

Hello folks .I am  canadian chef moving with my romanian wife to Brasov romania very soon. I am seeking a culinary position.
I Have many years of Experience in hotel managment/ large Quanity cooking/from fine french cuisine to country cooking classics and teaching.
hope to chat with someone who shares my intrests.
Thank you.Patrick

As far as your personal safety goes it is the same as walking along any normal street in any normal town , as an Englishman I can tell you there is no unreasonable or unfavourable tones against English or American people, Stay away from Gypsies as they will rob you blind , but this is an easy task as they are not trusted or welcome by the Romanians or anyone else for that matter. Please reply if you wish ,very best wishes, Phil Taylor.

Hello Samantha and family my wife  Florina  and me, Phil, live in Curtea de Arges and welcome you , Florina is from Bucharest and I am a Londoner, we both have family in Bacau and hope you enjoy Bucharest, Phil and Florina.

Replied to your message but not too sure if you received it, so here it is for all to see.  lol

Hi Phil, Florina,
I know Curtea De Arges quite well as I always stop off at the piata there, for a beer some mic and shopping. My wife Daniela, originally from Bucharest and I have a property in a little village called Bradet, a little bit further on than Curtea De Arges. We actually live in Norwich, Norfolk at the moment but intend coming back to Romania at the end of April, as we have had a fair bit of interest in our apartment in Bucharest. We will be looking for a property in the Arges area, to set up home. It would be nice to meet up and have a chat in English for a change, although I can get by with some Romanian. If you give me your number or email address, I'll get in touch.
All the best
Glyn and Daniela.

Hi Glyn we live 5 km from the market in Noaptes, very happy to chat in English my email is [email protected]

Hello everyone,

Just a quick reminder that this thread has been created for the new members to introduce themselves and to get familiar with the forum. If you have any other topic that you would like to discuss about, I invite you all to create a new thread in the Romania forum and thus avoid being off-topic here.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hello,

My name is Hamza Khan. I am soon going to come to Romania along with my family. I and my two brothers are coming here for getting education in a High School. Our mother will also be here with us. So, we are looking for a reasonable 2 bedroom apartment in Bucharest. Actually our school which is International School of Bucharest is also here in Bucharest so that is why apartment in Bucharest will be suitable for us. If you have apartment available for us then kindly reply me as soon as possible because we will come to Romania in this March, 2015. If you have more questions then let me know. I would be great full for your reply and thankful to you If you find us a 2 bed room apartment.
Thank you!

Kind regards
Hamza Khan

Hi there everyone,

My Name is Mark living in Romania (Targu Mures) i am an English speaker looking to make new friends.   Anyone out there who wanna make friend should contact me .

Hello, we don't live in Bucharest and have no apartments for rent there but if you check the site you will find plenty ting  offers .Have a good day!

Hi Glinn! I already sent you my email but don,t know if you received. We live 5 KM of Curtea de Arges town, and I will be happy to chat . Here is my email again: [email protected]
Phil

the site will not put @, so it looks like philtaylor353[at]outlook.com

Hi,
my name is Lars from Hanover, Germany.
I am visiting Bucharest for 3 month, doing a hospitation. I like to have a great time, with great people!

Best Regards

Hi everyone!.. My name is Gal - I am an Israeli business man. I live in Bucharest and enjoying the lovely city since 2010!

I love to travel, meeting new people and explore business possibilites..

P.S. I have apartments in the downtown Univeristate..
Anyone who needs accommodation or just want to meetup on a beer.. please feel free to drop me a message :)

Regards! Tel. 0740147181

[moderated: no dating on the forum please]

Hello galnet,

About accommodations, you need to drop your ad in the appropriate section > Housing in Romania;)

Thank you,
Marjorie

Hi folks, I am a norwegian guy and I am quite familiar with Romania and Bucharest after several visits of different duration the last 8 years. My wife is romanian.
She moved permanent to Norway 3 years ago after getting a fixed job over there, while I am spending my better time here in Bucharest.
I have a basic knowledge of the romanian language and I have decided to proceed to a higher level.
If anyone recommend a language course, pls let me know.
Would be happy to get to know some of you on this forum better, find it a bit hard to socialize here in Buc!

safety ,, oh gosh i canot stop my self of loudly Laughing ,,
please speak stright ,, both of us know that Romania there is no future ,,

so you are Multi Mixed Roots,,
how are you today ,,,

Hello

My name is David Mmmmm Gibson (M stands for the Millions of other people called David Gibson)

Living more than half the year in Bucharest and the rest travelling.

I host Improvisation workshops that fellow expats might be interested in … all in English, great for meeting new people in fun environment.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462049

Thanks!

Closed