Car mobilization to Kuala Lumpur

Hi

I will move to work in Kuala Lumpur,
Any can advise, is it better to mobilize  my car or buy other one from Kuala Lumpur?

Thanks

You would need to check what will be the import duty on your car, remembering that we drive on the right in Malaysia (steering wheel on right of car when sitting in it). It would be very difficult to drive here with a left hand steer car and I have never seen one. You would need to check if you are even allowed to import.

Cars are charged road tax based on the CC.  You may find insuring it difficult as well. I suggest you contact say Berjaya Sompo and see if they able to insure your car. What I have noticed is that people import their cars and then abandon them. Not sure why, often they are unregistered, so I am guessing it is because of all the charges. There are some car transporting companies you can find on the internet who can advise you on the process, fees, charges, taxes etc. But the lefthand righthand issue is pretty big.

Good cars are horribly expensive in Malaysia. Check out prices on www.mudah.com.my. You can pay as much as purchasing a property for say some of the Mercedes models. So its weighing up the pros and cons of getting a good price for your car where you live now, and seeing how much that is in Malaysia Ringgit and seeing what you could buy here. 

If you are not staying long (say 2 years) it is not worth buying a car as you can rent for say RM1500 per month and not lose money on the resale value. The price is all in, including servicing, insurance, tax etc. so you could invest your money from the sale of your current vehicle (its over 3% in RM at the moment but depends also on the currency exchange rate.

Unless you are on a talent pass fast track to pr program as married to a returning expert you will pay massive taxes on car worth more than the car.

It isn't worth it

thank you very much