Coming and working in England with EU card

I am Moroccan born in France but with Moroccan Passport ,I live at this moment in Poland with my wife she is Polish citizen , we would like to go and install in  England  but we don't know so much about  administrative procedures" even i write to UK gov " and if I can go alone to England without my wife or if  she could join me after and / or she must go fristly ,after that i can join her,for more information i have a  Polish residence card  and i have legal accomodation in Poland, i'm working and i have my Diplomas am not a jobless man , i'm posting this new topic due to that i'm confused i don't know neither me nor my wife what we should to start with  ,besides i read many of topics with different opinions due to that i decide to write down in here and thanks for some freinds who give me some advices before about this topic .

Hello Reda,

Firstly, living and working legally is not a problem for you being an EU national.

Settling down successfully in the UK demands a lot more though, I believe your first language is French and your wife speaks Polish, your prospective employer and colleges would like to feel more comfortable if you could speak fluent English.

You being Moroccan by origin will feel more at home in the north of England, if you speak read and write Arabic, it is a definite plus point since most Islamic centers are hiring arab teachers.

UK has excellent skill and vocational education and training system and I suggest this is an ideal time to plan your future.

I would bring my wife along, there is nothing like struggling and discovering little things in life in  the company of someone you love. :heart:

Hello riazcdki ,
Firstly thanks for giving you the  time to reply for my topic i appreciate that ,for my English really I'm not so native speaker but i can understand and speak easily without any troubles , i don't have any problem with it .what I'm not sure about was related with procedures ,how it looks in UK as i write, how i can make my accommodation legally  and so on.
i would like to meet or know some colleagues who had been a such experiences as mine ,it will be helpful if someone could tell me about  the first step till the end of procedures  and as you said its though that's why I'm seeking information here :).

Hi Reda007,

you can find a lot of information on the website of the UK High commission:
http://www.visabureau.com/uk/british-hi … ssion.aspx

Have you tried the UK embassy in Poland?  They should also be able to answer your questions.
It is always best to secure a job first and then move. The job search can take a long time and you can start applying from Poland, while getting your paper work in order.

Can you get a French passport? That could make the whole work permit situation easier....

Hi no_clue,
Really thank you very much i forgot that point to contact UK embassy in Poland ,i will write down that in my Notes so as not forgetting that,i hope i will get a quick feedback from them, you know sometimes it's though with procedures more than looking for a job ,I'm worried so more about procedures than work at least it will be safe if i left that step behind me.for my French passport its a little bit  complicated now, i have to pay for a lawyer and be in France at the meantime indeed  i couldn't do that  now I'm between roads !!!

I understand that you want to leave Poland asap, right? Just be careful: you won't have access to any social support in the UK until you have a job! You have to live off your savings and nothing else....

In terms of immigration: All the countries I know prefer people who have a job secured.  I would focus on getting a job first and then deal with the rest.  If you are a skilled worker with a job, the work permit would be a lot easier.

Really Poland is a beautiful country but salaries are a bit disaster , you should always counting and saving besides you can't travel or go somewhere with a simple salary.so why not looking for a new horizons to have a better standard of life,for me i have my profession as a skilled worker with a diploma i would like to take that adventure to go to UK ,every experience will teach us something especially when we share that with other we give for others and we learn  from others .i hope you have a good time in Norway friend :)

thanks!
Good luck to you and your adventures !

Thanks to you too :)
i wish for you  the best ,last days really i got some answers from UK and Polish embassy but with usefulness information  !!!!
Really i need to meet someone who has the same situation as me to tell me how he pass that procedures,i hope i can find that here ((((

Hi Reda007,

If you look under the thread 'The England expat guide' (Top of the forum) you find a visa section which explains it pretty well. My partner is non-EU so we had a similar situation when we lived in the UK. Some things might have changed over the last years, but fundamentally the rules are similar in most EU countries:

1. You EU card allows you to travel and move freely within the Schengen area, for up to 90 days in one country. The UK has not signed the Schengen agreement, so you have to find out what papers you need to enter the country. To be allowed to work you have to apply for a separate work permit. (General work visa Tier 1 or Tier 2)

2. Your wife (EU-citizen) does not need an entry visa or work permit. She can work for any employer without limitations

This leaves you basically with two options:

A. Your wife finds a job and you can accompany her as a family member. You can then look for a job and apply for work permit / UK residence card.

B. You apply without a job as a highly skilled migrant (Tier 1 visa, difficult to obtain), or with a job offer  (skilled worker) under the Tier 2 visa option. (All those things are explained under the link I mentioned above - High Commission UK).

The UK does not care were you were born. Unless you can prove French (or other EU- ) citizenship,  you are treated as a Moroccan citizen.  Your marriage to a EU citizen is helpful in the sense that your wife can sponsor you, but that requires her to have a job (or other funds) that prove that she can support you both. It also might help you to obtain Polish citizenship faster. I'm not familiar with the requirements for citizenship in Poland, but that could be another route...

I have been on both sides: sponsor and dependant. It can be complicated and time-consuming. But that is unfortunately the way it is...

Hello No_clue
Really I'm grateful we have such expats like you who are ready for help and sharing information about procedures in some countries , last day really i had sent many emails to Polish and UK ,Moroccan embassies but with no valuable information i don't know why they do that.
instead of giving clear answers they directed me to the website or saying that we can't answer you for this case.
but really thanks to you for sharing your experience.