Hello everyone... looking for latinos in Joburg

Hello I am from Venezuela, I am here because work since January... Its difficult to find people who speak spanish...Anyone jeje??

Hi and welcome to the forum caro14!

Apart from not meeting spanish speakers how is your experience so far?
Please note that there is an hispanophone forum. It could help you get in touch with spanish speakers easier i guess ;)

Regards
Armand

hello, thanks for your info I will check the forum then.
Everything good so far. I really like it!!Is diffciult to be in Joburg and not to fall in love jaja! Sometimes is hard because I am just by myself but is a nice experience! thanks
what about you?

Hola Caro14,

Te cuento que encontraste uno... y somos vecinos (soy Colombiano). Llegue hace aprox 4 meses a Joburg y trabajo con varios Colombianos. Desafortunadamente no conozco Venezolanos!!... pero si quieres y te interesa, tambien hago parte de un grupo de Expats en johannesburg. Es una oportunidad para conocer gente de todas partes del mundo.

Cuanto llevas aca en Joburg/Sudafrica??

Espero tu respuesta!

Un saludo,

Andres.

Holaa!!!! Andrés claro que si!!! buenisimoo te mando un mensaje privado con mis detalles!!!saludos

Hi Andres!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks and regards
Armand

Hola caro, espero que sigas todavia en SA. Soy argentino y me gustaria contactarme con gente latina, soy muy nuevo en SA y no conozco a nadie...

Espero tu respuesta, slds

@saserra

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks and regards

It's nice meeting you.:D

Is there any more latinos around? I would also like to contact and get together for some Spanish sessions!!! Food and drinks?

I'm Colombian, married to South African, working and living in Jburg.

Yo quiero practicar espanol con la gente que habla
Espanol, soy suidafricano, aprendi espanol solamente en mi casa
I am actually thinking of starting a Spanish meetup
if anyone is interested

Tamax! Cuando quieras! Me hace falta hablar mi lengua madre:)

Hello tamax,

You should write in English in this English speaking forum.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

He did Christine, I replied in Spanish...the purpose of this thread is actually to look up for people that speaks Spanish in South Africa. I don't see the problem, or is it that you need to understand everything that is happening?

@Silvana_Arocha;

As this is an Anglophone forum, it is better to communicate in english so that everybody can understand and participate.

To note that we do have an Hispanic forum where you can write in spanish. ;)

[Sorry guys for the off topic]

Thank you,
Aurélie

I would like to meet Spanish speakers this sat, probably in rosebank
What do you all think of a Spanish meetup group every sat ? 6pm?

@ Aurelie...it is indeed an Anglophone forum, but it is also an Expat forun where you have a mix of everything, you cannot blame some for using a few sentences in a different language, just saying...I'll keep it in English.

@Tamax, I have plans already on Sat :( I live near Woodmead, not sure if you might wanna come along for a BBQ/Braai/Asado (just to use all the different languages:) ) do you know more Spanish speaking South Africans? I know there's a group of ladies that get together every week and they only speak Spanish, I haven't been able to meet up because they usually do in the mornings (I am working)...My husband is very Afrikaans but willing to start learning a bit...email me at [email protected] and we can plan it from there :)

yes i speak spanish, learned it on my own while teaching in Korea and had a spanish meetup once a week. i got one more guy interested in learnin espanol..the braai thing sounds awesome..will email you

hasta pronto
muchas gracias !

(Moderated: please post in the Casting jobs in South Africa section)

its not easy but u have to come down n be sober n focus

Closed