Salary 6000 RM enough to stay with family and save 3000RM monthly ???

Hi dear
I am from hyderabad but presently working in bahrain as security system engineer experience of 4yrs international
Got an offer from malaysia as lead engineer of about 6000 RM including accomodation and food , transport 200 RM monthly vacation with 2500 RM  and 300 medical benifits per annum

I am living with family and I live decent . have a kid 6 months old.
so please tell me can I live comfortably with my family in malaysia with 6000 RM package which include accomodation and food  ????

Please respond me soon . :):)
email me masih.uae[at]gmail.com

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, so a question please, when u say that you have being offered 6,000 RM, including Accomodation, means that you ll be offered accomodation, or with that salary your supposed to pay accomodation from your own pocket. Could you please send me the package offered by the company, I may give you my feedback once I see the details.

Cheers.

hahahahah!

Ok next joke....

You would struggle to survive with a  family on 6k. Single Malaysians can't survive on 3k let alone a couple. In Selangor that is maybe in a jungle hut in Sabah. I assume you mean savings after accom - if you mean you get accom usually it will be bad.

Please dont take such an insulting offer. A single 23 year old no dependents yes for the fun of Malaysia (no savings). But an experienced person with family? Total p1ss take of a salary

I am getting the impression that your employer does not expect you to come with your family. It is highly unusual to be offered accommodation and food unless you are a single worker who will be housed in a men-only hostel, perhaps several to a room.  They need to know your intentions because immigration are cutting down it seems on the number of dependent visas they issue and unless the company know, you may end up not being able to bring them. Perhaps they think as you are living in the Middle East you must be single.

The income tax you will pay on your salary and benefits package per year is listed below (add up the plus sign amounts then divide by 12 for monthly deduction (housing/food will also be taxed so you probably wont know quite the exact tax amount - I suggest you add RM1k per month to the other figures). For the first 182 days in Malaysia you pay 25% flat rate.

Tax steps on annual salary are:
0-5,000                    0%                                                 
5,000-10,000      1% RM50
10,001-20,000    1%  +RM50
20,001-35,000    5%  +RM750
35,001-50,000   10%  +RM1,500
50,001-70,000   16% +RM3,200
70,001-100,000   21% +RM6,300
100,001-250,000  24% +RM36,000
250,001-400,000  24.5% +RM36,750
Exceeding 400 000  25%  (+?)

mama_sing8 wrote:

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, so a question please, when u say that you have being offered 6,000 RM, including Accomodation, means that you ll be offered accomodation, or with that salary your supposed to pay accomodation from your own pocket. Could you please send me the package offered by the company, I may give you my feedback once I see the details.

Cheers.

5000 salary +accomodation 1000 + transportation 200

OK that means you have to find and pay your own accommodation and of course your grocery and other consumer bills.

Depending on where you need to live, how much the accommodation will cost. With a family, you are looking at paying for a private accommodation (i.e. not flat share) about RM1k-1.5k per month. You need a deposit of 2.5 months upfront and you pay the 1st month in advance.  Food will be about RM1000 per month for meat, milk, nappies etc. This is not lavish living. For that you need to add an extra RM250 per month. If you are vegetarian and dont buy dairy products then you may be able to live for about RM700 per month.

Your tax is about RM500 per month once you have been in Malaysia for 182 days in the first calendar year. It will be about RM1400 per month while you pay the flat rate, but if you stay on in 2016 you will get a refund of the difference between the flat rate and the stepped rate. So view that as a savings fund which will be paid out later.

Utilities and TV, Internet etc. will cost you about RM300 per month. Mobile phone for 2 will be about RM120 or less if you use pay as you go (which is has a higher tariff, but you dont have a monthly contract).

So I dont think you will be able to save RM3k per month.

Simple answer. No savings. Not worth taking the contract.