Moving over early 2015 advice please

Hi we are hopefully moving over in February 15 just wondered if there's a lot to do for 9 year olds, we currently live in Cyprus and my daughter practically lives in the sea and swimming pool, I need to know she'll be occupied thanks x

Hello! I am swiss. I lived one year in Uganda with my three young children aged 5, 7 and 9.
Uganda is a good place to live for children. There are many swimming pools and to travel upcountry is
fantastic for them.
Don't hesitate to write to me if you need other informations such as some addresses...depending on the place you will choose in Kampala.
Don't worry, your daughter will enjoy!

Hi there. I'm the head of one of the international schools in Kampala and parent to an 11 year old. There are several really good pools in the city. The school I lead has a pool and club house which becomes a leisure facility from 4-6pm on week days and all weekend. It's free for RISU families and very cheap for everyone else. Lifeguard, sun loungers, children's play ground, basketball court, good affordable food and an underused pool table, dstv and bar.
There is Speke Resort not far away with a close to Olympic size pool, stables and a marina.
Uganda is landlocked, so no sea. But the Nile is about 2 hours drive away where there is kayaking, quad biking and white water rafting. These are more 'treat' activities as they are too far away for week days. Swimming in lake vic and rivers usually carry bilharzia possibilities, but many residents just ensure they take treatment following exposure and still get in for rafting etc. .
Speke also has good open spaces for bike riding for younger children.

Thankyou very much for your reply as soon as we find out for sure I might just take you up on your offer thanks :-)

Orinoko thank you also for replying, your school is the school we've been looking at recently online. I will be messaging you directly as I have a little concern regards Maddi (My daughter) as she has only ever been to Greek school, she reads, writes and talks fluent Greek whilst obviously is fluent in English spoken her writing is a bit behind her age group as I self taught her.  Noticed your schools facilities they look fantastic I am also an international lifeguard and teach Rookies (children aged between 8-14 junior lifeguard and first aid skills) would they're be any use of these at your school maybe?

Thanks again
Vicky

(Moderated: No free ads please + register in the business directory )

Hello happy new year, sure there is alote in store for the nine yr old lets just keep in touch.

thanks

Hello, am billy , i can really  help you on that.... i will help in any need you want i uganda- kampala when your here...nice day