Expat Buying Land in Uganda

I will return to Kampala in March for the purpose of locating and buying land in or near a wilderness area.  If you have the necessary real estate credentials and would like to work with me on this project, please respond to this posting.
General preferences;
*5 to 25 acres near on a lake, river, in or near a wildlife park or forest
*Quiet and safe area with no close neighbors
*Good access to Entebbe Airport

Thanks for all responses.

Joseph

call me and will help you on that....am billy, around ntinda....any where you want in uganda i can help....

Hello Joseph. Just registered to the forum. Did you get the land that you required?  Have willing seller that matches your requirement. Michael.

I was under the impression that foreigners were not allowed to purchase land in Uganda.
Are you talking about leasing land?

If you have found a way or a loophole whereby this is possible, please do share your experiences.

Thanks,

Thomas.

You are right Thomas, foreigners can only LEASE land in Uganda for a maximum period of 99 years.  Any purported loophole would be illegal and would lead to the cancellation of the title once discovered. 
Joanne

Yes Thomas. Non-citizens by law can only lease land for 99 years. Let me know your requirement.

I need to know a little bit about what the prospects are for development on a piece of leased land.

Would someone be allowed to build a house, and then re-sell that land in the future? I need to know some more about the rules on this area.

Thank you,

Thomas.

Yes you can sell the lease on developed land as well as the developments thereof. However it goes without saying that a renewal clause must be instituted within the lease agreement.

Hullo there, I hope your well.l live in London but Ugandan and bought land on an island which is 30 minutes boat ride from entebbe airport.l can recommend u if u wanna buy as am looking for a neighbour with potential to develop the area.xxx
Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,

Just a word of caution. There are so many con men in Uganda in all sorts of trade, Land dealing being one of them. So you must be very careful. I have a piece of land and almost everyday, different people and 'agents' have tried to sell it...They have networks, complete with fake titles, fake lawyers, Fake local council stuff (LC's)...just name it.  On of of the days, my husband had just gone to check on the land, only to find a lady who had come to take a last look before she paid. She was surprised to find, the adjacent Land being inspected by a would be buyer and sellers but with different LC's..and that is how she survived. But almost everyday, someone tried to sell..until we constructed a temporary shelter for someone to keep an eye on it. There are many stories of individuals, especially those from abroad who have been conned. So it might help to consider checking each and every step.

Anyone  interested  in  countryside  lakeview land measuring  at the least,half an  acre, please  contact me .The land is off entebbe rd by 12km.Am abroad  and looking  for  diaspora  people  who have  an insight and appreciate  beautiful countryside views. Please  don't contact  if you're  a broker. **, am available on  watsup. Thanks

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Do not share phone numbers on forum please + drop advert in Housing

Any person who wants to own land in Uganda feel free to contact me
Am ready to you out even if you know anyone you can refer him or her to me am trusted and genuine

I mean land of any kind and anywhere in Uganda contact me

@Fredkiz

You have posted on and old (2016) inactive thread.

Advertising is not permitted here on the open forum.You are a real estate agent so place a free advertisement in the housing section top of this page.