Currency Conversion while traveling to Oman

Need Advice...
1. What are the things I should check or carry while traveling to Oman?
2. What currency should I carry, should I carry INR and convert them at Oman or should I convert INR to OMR in India and then commence my travel?

1. Just the usual stuff, there is a huge indian contingent in Oman, so you wont miss most stuff from home.

2. Its ideal to have some Omani Rials before landing in Oman, you might need it for some urgent needs like SIM Card purchase, taxi hire etc.

Thanx.
But wanted to know about currency I should carry,i.e., should I convert INR into Dollars in INDIA before travelling and get it converted to OMR there in Oman or should I carry INR and convert it into OMR in OMAN??
At an average how much should I carry????

You will get OMR in India ... So avoid the conversion into dollars... Else you will also get INR at Oman before you exit out of the airport....

How much to carry is entirely up to you..... But I normally carry 100-150 dollars for a day depending on where you travel

If your going to be traveling on your own.... I would recommend about 50 Omani rials... That should cover.... Initial expenses, food, a decent place to stay for one night and probably some spare change.

thanx buddy...