Relocation to Turks and Caicos

Hi!

I am quite young (18-24), single and vegetarian. I don't drive and I own an IT company where I can work from home.

For the past 12 months, I have been considering relocating to the British West Indies, specifically St. Kitts and TCI. At one point I was looking into The Bahamas and Cayman Islands however I have not researched my options like I have St. Kitts, Antigua, TCI and the Virgin Islands.

Recently I have been speaking to an Real Estate and Immigration Attorney and explored the options available to me. Since it is very easy to get residency (temporary or permanent) with a real estate investment, I decided to go with that option and found a nice property in one of the private islands outside of Provo.

I am from New York and London, so owning a car has never appealed to me. Do I require a car in TCI and would I still need a car if I decided to move to one of the private island communities?

Quality of Food: I am vegetarian, so I don't eat meat or fish. What is the quality of the food? Are American branded foods and snacks available here such as Tropicana, Nutella, Lay's?

Quality of Restaurants: Does TCI have any good or authentic Italian and French food places?

I understand that the BWI are very poor, but I heard that the poverty wasn't that bad in TCI, do you still have panhandlers, and what is the poverty actually like (in Provo)?

Crime: Would I be safe walking on the beach or in Provo at night (11pm-5am)? Are home invasions common or do they rarely occur (less than one a year)?

I will have more questions later! Thanks

A new place to explore; Turks and Caicos is one good place for living and holidaying alike. Nevertheless, good accommodation is always a must. Parrot Cay by COMO, Turks& Caicos is a good suggestion.

Provo is the island of Providenciales.  Private island outside of Provo puts you either in Pine Cay or Parrot Cay.  Both beautiful but neither suited to year round living for most people--especially in your age range. 

Dining options on the private resorts is limited to the options provided by the resorts in those locations; vegetarian options may be somewhat limited.  Both American and British branded products are available.  I am not aware of any shops or groceries on either Parrot Cay or Pine Cay so you would need to do your shopping on Provo.  You would need a car to get around on Provo.  Taxi's are expensive.

I don't know you but I doubt that someone in your age range would be happy living long term on one of the private islands.  Providenciales has a large and vibrant population of young people your age,  many of them are vegetarian.  They lead active lives kite boarding, diving, boating and seem to have lots of fun.

I 100% agree with you Lobomago !

My personal experience as a pescatarian who consumes fish no more than twice a week was a positive one. I was very happy with both the number of dining options and the quality of food on Provo.