Steps after getting the Greencard approved

Hello,
My question has been asked probably although I have not seen any satisfactory answer yet. Due to the lack of information I will ask again in the hope someone could shed some light. I am already working abroad and last year I applied for GC in Denmark and just recently got it. Here are my questions:

1. Are they going to stamp the PR in my passport already or will it be done afterwards? The site states that I have to move to Denmark within getting the permit. Does the permit means the approval or is it just a visa to go there not the PR yet?

2. I still have a lot responsibilities in my current job and we are required to have a 6 notice (I am in the academe sector). Is it ok to go there just to activate the visa (Is my term correct?) and then go back to wrap up some things and then be back in Denmark after a few months?

3. The 50,000 earned money a year within the grant of the PR, does it accrue after you move there immediately or will it start after you got a job? What if it took you 6 months to find a job?

Thank you.

Hello spark20001 and welcome on board Expat.com

Hope that some members out there will be able to advise you soon enough.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Kenjee,

1) Firstly you are not going to become permanent resident by just getting Green  Card ,what it is you have got Residence Permit and you have to be in Denmark within 6 months of getting Residence Permit . 
2) Not possible.
3) Sorry they changed it to DKK 319,725 instead of DKK 50,000 today i,e 22/01/2015.

Please think twice about coming here on the greencard scheme.  My husband and I arrived (with our two youngest kids) in April 2014.  My husband is the greencard holder and I am the accompanying spouse, although I did qualify, and do qualify, as a greencard holder myself (it was cheaper for just one of us to be the greencard holder and the other to be the accompanying spouse).

I got a job right away cleaning hotel rooms, part-time (back home I was an attorney).  I have just lost that job-- I was not fast enough and when I tried to speed up then I forgot things like extra towels and so on. 

My husband, who holds a PhD in geography from a prestigious American university, who has tons of teaching experience, and who has an award-winning book published by the Ohio University Press, was unemployed for eight and a half months.  He just this month finally began a job-- packing boxes at a warehouse.

To add insult to injury, the rules were changed after we got here, and have been applied retroactively to us.  So between our application costs, moving costs, flight costs, and cost of purchasing new household stuff when we got here, this failed attempt at immigration has cost us about $40,000 US.

I'm presently applying for jobs as a prosecutor back home. 

Don't waste your money coming here.  The "greencard scheme" is indeed a "scheme," in the bad sense.  They want our money, and want us to come here really to only work a year or two, pay taxes, and get nothing in return.

Focus instead on Canada, or Britain, or the US.  Do not bother with this little country with its constantly-changing laws, the ingrained distrust of and distaste for foreigners, Jante law, its impossible language, and the high taxes.

Hey, you said:

tata522 wrote:

3) Sorry they changed it to DKK 319,725 instead of DKK 50,000 today i,e 22/01/2015.

Could you please provide a citation for that?

You must earn 50000 DKK in first year and than 319000 DKK at the time of first renewal of visa not every year

Hi,
@tata522:You mentioned that it was not possible to go back to finish up resignation formalities at one's current job back in their home country?
What limitations prevent one from going back home once the CPR card has been received?

Lastly, what are the implications of leaving Denmark for couple of months after receiving the CPR card, to finish formalities back home and return again?

Does the 50,000Dkk apply to all GCC holders or only the ones who received them post January 1st,  2015?

Best Regards.

I'm in the same boat. It states 50000 DKK on the website but on the visa it states if you appeal, you must have a job that pays 319 725 DKK .

"In the course of the past 12 months before submitting your application for an extension, you must have earned the average salary (of the public and private sector) for new graduates with a Bachelor's degree which is DKK 319,725 pension included."

I had to appeal right off because they gave me a shortened visa due to them taking too long to process it.

Just spoke to them today. Basically at the time of appeal you must show you have that amount to support yourself. Only problem with this you have to have a job before you go over.

Hello everyone.
I understand what it is like to find a job here. And also what Andrea_L_O shared.
But one thing to keep in mind is - which is the basic - without language it is very very difficult to find a job. But there are instances. You need to keep looking. I myself did not find a job for about 5 months and started delivering newspapers in -1 degrees temp for a month. Still i kept applying for full time jobs. Finally got a call for interview and out of 30 people (of which i assume many were Danish speaking) i got this job. Now i am completing 4 months here.
So i agree and disagree with ur thoughts. Language is very important to land a job in Denmark. But there are also a few jobs for English speakers like me!
Good luck with everything