Job change !

Hi,

I am looking out for a better job opportunity. I have joined the company past 6 mths.
Now looking out for sm new.
cn any1 tell me wat r d rules ?
2 my knowledge with some senior's i learned dat once you leave the company you ur banned frm Oman for atleast 2 years.
No company cn hire u for this period.
the only thing cn help is to look out other GCC countries except Oman.

Can any1 tel me is dis true ?

Also have heard dat soon a new rule will be applicable where if you leave a company, u will be banned from entire GCC.

NO COMING BACK !!

Please reply to this.

Yep that's correct, your barred from entry into Oman for 2 years if you terminate your contract. I believe you can switch if you manage to get a No - Objection - Certificate (NOC), not really sure of this though.

THANK YOU !!

rahul2509 wrote:

Hi,

I am looking out for a better job opportunity. I have joined the company past 6 mths.
Now looking out for sm new.
cn any1 tell me wat r d rules ?
2 my knowledge with some senior's i learned dat once you leave the company you ur banned frm Oman for atleast 2 years.
No company cn hire u for this period.
the only thing cn help is to look out other GCC countries except Oman.

Can any1 tel me is dis true ?

Also have heard dat soon a new rule will be applicable where if you leave a company, u will be banned from entire GCC.

NO COMING BACK !!

Please reply to this.

Hi rahul2509,

If you read in the forum on the same subject you will find many more useful threads of information on the same topic.

Well, all that you've said is true - except perhaps the last one about the GCC ban. I have not heard / read of it anywhere.

To make matters worse, a new government rule states that if anyone exits Oman they cannot come back - on visit visa, family joining visa, or even on investor visa - if they do not produce a NoC from their former employer !! This is indeed terrible news for all expatriates.

Isn't the writing on the wall is clear, big and bold ?!?

Hello mr sumitran,
i am a doctor and currently on a visit visa from pak looking for job here. My husband was working in muscat for abt 1 nd  half yr n then left the job in march 2014 due to so e office issues with employer without getting his visa cancelled i was on a family visa then i wasnt doing job. Now i dont know whether this 2 yr ban implies on my husband?
i asked my father to get my visa he works in ministry of housing here i didnt face any issue got my 3 mnth visit visa easily and am here now but what do u think abt my husbands employment visa? How can i make sure if its cancelled and if it is cancelled in march 2014 maybe he has no ban or needs an noc if he applies here for ajob. Plz guide me abt this. I ll b greatful.

hibahamnah wrote:

Hello mr sumitran,
i am a doctor and currently on a visit visa from pak looking for job here. My husband was working in muscat for abt 1 nd  half yr n then left the job in march 2014 due to so e office issues with employer without getting his visa cancelled i was on a family visa then i wasnt doing job. Now i dont know whether this 2 yr ban implies on my husband?
i asked my father to get my visa he works in ministry of housing here i didnt face any issue got my 3 mnth visit visa easily and am here now but what do u think abt my husbands employment visa? How can i make sure if its cancelled and if it is cancelled in march 2014 maybe he has no ban or needs an noc if he applies here for ajob. Plz guide me abt this. I ll b greatful.

Hi hibahamnah,

Technically, your husband would not come under the 2-year band since he has exited the Sultanate before the rule was passed officially. But his exiting without cancelling his employment visa could have repercussions. I am assuming that you too left the country with your husband. So, if you have managed to get a visit visa without any issues then I guess the issue was closed amicably by your husband's former employer.

Only when your husband's new employer approaches the ministry for a new employment visa for him would we know if there is any pending issues marked against his name and passport number. It would all depend on how his former employer eventuates the circumstances of your husband's exit. If they want to create trouble, they can by filing some false case. If they want to move on, they can do so by just getting his visa cancelled once they know that he is not returning.

In any case, an NoC is not needed.

Sir i think the visa is cancelled cause i asked someone to check my visa n my husbands at rop n he said that the visas have been cancelled dont know when. Should i check by applying for my husbands visit visa or should we wait till march 2016. i got a job here and ill have to stay here with my daughter but it seems so difficult to live alone here.
thanks for the response sir

Yes we left together but i guess i was on family visa so there was np for me n my daughter getting visa.

hibahamnah wrote:

Sir i think the visa is cancelled cause i asked someone to check my visa n my husbands at rop n he said that the visas have been cancelled dont know when. Should i check by applying for my husbands visit visa or should we wait till march 2016. i got a job here and ill have to stay here with my daughter but it seems so difficult to live alone here.
thanks for the response sir

Hi hibahamnah,

Since your husband's visa has been cancelled, I don't think there would be any problems.

Also, March 2016 is not a couple of months away ! Go for it ! Good luck.

Thanx sir for ur response it was quite encouraging .