How do i register myself as a resident

hey,
so could any one help on where to begin when moving from the UK to austria?
I have a place to stay in austria already, so how do i register myself as a resident and then how do i sort health insurance out as i'm planning on learning german as soon as i get there and then once i feel i have knowledge then to start applying for jobs.
please help!

hey, I guess you only need to register at the Vienna registration office for your ID. These sites below might help!! not sure about health insurance though  :/ , im not insured here. Best of luck

wien.gv.at/english/living-working/registration/

justlanded.com/english/Austria/Austria-Guide/Visas-Permits/Required-visa

Hi leoniholmes,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Austria forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

I think you have to wait 30 days before applying for residency. You have to register at your local council offices (hopefully they'll speak English) and probably at the local police station. EU members have a much easier job. National health- if you are an EU member, you are covered for basics. To get a health card in Austria, you have to have been working registered on their health scheme by your employer for at least 1 day. You should also register yourself at the local employment office- AMS, who generally are very helpful. They may even arrange a free german course FOR FREE! GOOD LUCK!

Hi leoniholmes

Moving to Austria is not that hard from the UK as it is part of the EU. I moved over 6 years ago on a one way ticket.

If you are planning to stay for a while there are some things that you need to do on your arrival.

ALL BRITISH CITIZENS WHO ARE NEWCOMERS TO AUSTRIA

Citizens of the European Union and Switzerland have the right to take residence
in Austria, if they

• work as employed or self-employed persons
• or have a sufficient health-insurance and sufficient financial means
• or are students or pupils at a university or school (and have a sufficient
health insurance and sufficient means).

Before January 1, 2006 they only had to register (with the Meldezettel).
Citizens of the EU and Switzerland who come to Austria after January 1,
2006 and intend to stay longer than three months, have to apply at the
Municipal Department for Immigration, Citizenship and Registry Offices
(MD 35) for a document called "Anmeldebescheinigung". This is a
documentation for their right of residence. If they came before January 1,
2006 and registered, they do not need this paper.
For their spouses, civil partners, children, parents and parents in law, who are
not EU-citizens or Swiss, they have to apply for a document called
"Aufenthaltskarte", which is issued for 10 years.

You have to go to your local Town Hall to register.

As for Health Insurance, you will need to get a European Health Insurance Card,

Go to this site and you can get one for free. https://www.gov.uk/european-health-insurance-card

Hey guys..How are you? ..I am Norwegian resident looking to play football in Austria. I have a soon-Bosnian wife and a child. How can I make them come stay in Austria if I work in Austria as professional footballer. Does it cost anything for them to receive the long term stay as I have long term stay In Austria? Do my wife have to have job there to get residency or can she have residency automatic as long as I have that long term?Thanks

Just a question you say:

I have a UK one. Is this valid to use for an Aufenthalt do they accept this?

lilzgirl wrote:

Just a question you say:

I have a UK one. Is this valid to use for an Aufenthalt do they accept this?

Do you mean can you the card in Austria? You can use at the hospital's and doctors. It's only meant to be used for tourists and travellers. So its only a temporary measure.

Your English health card is valid in Austria if it is blue on the back for emergency treatment only. As soon as you have a job get an Austrian health card with internal chip like a credit card. Or go to your lical health authority and fib that the AMS insist you have a health card!